Eight

Michael's POV

Olivia's fourth in line to a throne. Which makes Emily fifth in line. If I could just trick Olivia into marrying me, I could find a way to get her siblings to step down.

I marry Olivia, get her siblings to step down, and I become king. Simple as that.

How can I truck her into marrying me though?

"What's wrong babe?" Nicole asked me. "Look, Nicole, this won't work anymore." I said. "Is this because of her?" She asked angrily.  "Nicole, it's not what you think." I say.

"Then explain it to me." She said, tapping her foot impatiently. "I can't." I said and she nodded.

"Whatever. I guess I should've listened to Olivia." She said and that caught my attention. "About what?" I ask her.

"When she found out that you were cheating on her with me, she warned me that I should be careful with you. That you'd make me think you were in love with me and then break up with me." She said.

"That's not what's going on. Nicole, I love you." I say. She rolled her eyes. "Look me dead in the eye and say that." She says.

I stand right in front of her and stare her in the eyes. "I love you Nicole." I tell her.

"Then why are you saying that we can't work?!" She snapped at me. "Look. I can't tell you what's going on, but I do love you and though right now we can't be together, I hope one day we can be." I tell her.

"When you can tell me, will you?" She asks me. "Every little detail." I say and kiss her. When I pulled away, she had tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry Nicole. I promise, I'll do whatever I can to make sure that in the end, we're together." I tell her. She nodded and kissed my cheek.

"I love you." She said. "I love you too." I say and watch in pain as she walked away from me.

Should I go through with this? If it means sacrificing my love for Nicole, is it worth it? I'm not so sure anymore.

Nick's POV

I was working the counter when I saw Michael's girlfriend Nicole walk in. She looked like she had been crying.

Right when I was gonna ask if she was okay, Olivia was by her side with Emily. The two began to talk and whatever Nicole said clearly shocked Olivia.

Olivia came over to the counter after a moment. "Could you take Emily for just a second?" She asks me. "Sure. What's going on?" I ask. "That's not my position to tell." She said and I nodded as I took Emily.

I watched as Olivia walked over to Nicole and the two began to talk. Whatever they were talking about must've been pretty important.

Olivia's POV

"So why are you telling me this?" Nicole asks me. "You said that Michael looked straight into your eyes and said he loved you? That he couldn't tell you something, but when he could he'd tell you every little detail?" I ask her.

"Yes. Why?" She answered. "He wants to fight for you. He just doesn't think he can. Next time you see him, tell him that I can probably get him a royal title without him losing you and without moving him up to Taaron." I say.

"Wait, are you serious?" She asks. "I'm gonna try." I say. "Thank you Olivia!" She said and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Why are you doing this for us? After everything that he put you through and me being so mean to you." She asked. "He deserves to be happy. So do you. When he and I were together, he was never as visibly happy as he is when he's simply in the same room as you." I tell her.

"Really?" She asked, blushing. "Really." I say. "Wow. I don't get it though. He still has feelings for you." She says.

"I don't think so. I think that it may just be his old instinct to be possessive of me. Once that is finally done, it'll switch to possessive of you." I say.

"I'm sorry Olivia. For everything." She says. "Don't be. You did me a huge favor. It just took me awhile to realize it." I say and look over at Nick holding Emily.

"Then you're welcome I guess. But if there's anything I can do to make it up to you, just let me know." She said.

"Actually, there is one thing." I say. "You name it." She says. "Could you get Michael to believe Emily's his daughter?" I ask. "Sure." She said.

"Thanks." I say. "No problem." She says. "Could we maybe be friends?" She asked me. "Of course." I said, but soon something caught my eye. No he couldn't be here. "I have to get back to work." I lied. We quickly said goodbye before she left.

"Nick!" I said as I walked swiftly over to him, taking Emily back in my arms. "Yea?" He asked.

"A word." I said and he followed me into the kitchen. "What's wrong Olivia?" He asks. "My father." I say.

"What about him?" He asks. "He's out there! He just came into the coffee house." I say. "What?!" He asked.

I opened the door to the kitchen just enough for us to look out. I pointed over at my aging father.

"What is he doing here?" Nick asked as we closed the door, still in the kitchen. "I don't know!" I say.

"Talk to him." He said. "No. I am not talking to my father. Ever." I say. "Olivia, he's here; you're here. Talk to him and make peace with him." Nick said, putting his arms on either side of me so I couldn't escape. Drats.

"Olivia, you need to talk to your father. He deserves to know that you're alive at least." He says.

"No! I'd be dragged back to Taaron in two seconds flat." I say.

Nick's POV

"No! I'd be dragged back to Taaron in two seconds flat." Olivia says. "He's your father." I say.

"Nick, my uncle was more of a father to me than my father was." She said. "You were raised by your uncle for eleven to twelve years. Your father raised you for five years. Cut him some slack." I say.

"I was basically raised by my governess back then." She said. I rolled my eyes. "What is it gonna take to get you to talk to your father?" I groan.

"Nothing." She says. "Olivia, he's your dad." I say. "Fine." She grumbled. "But he's not meeting Emily."

"Deal." I say and take Emily. She kissed me and I kissed her back. "Now go." I say when we pull away.

"Fine." She muttered before kissing Emily's head and walking out of the kitchen. I open the door just enough to see Olivia walking over to her father.

"Look Emily. Olivia's about to talk to your grandpa." I say to Emily. Emily smiles and grabbed at my hand.

Let's see how this goes.