Seven

Nick's POV

"You're a.... a what?" I ask. "A princess." She says. "Before you freak out; listen to me." She says.

I nod and wait for her to continue.

"I'm Princess Olivia Eloise Rosaline Cheryl Isabelle Stevens of Taaron. I have three siblings.

Daniel is first in line for the throne as he's ten minutes older than Victoria who is second in line. Then comes my twin brother Jason who's twenty minutes older than me and is third in line. I'm fourth in line, making Emily fifth in line for the throne.

The last time I saw my mother, I was angry because she was basically controlling my siblings' and my lives. She told me that she never wanted a second daughter and I said that I hated her when she said that to me. I was five then.

That night, I was kidnapped by some man. I had been in my bedroom, playing with my favorite doll. About a month after he kidnapped me, I escaped. I came to the docks and snuck onto a ship headed to America.

I found my Aunt Rosalie who took me in. We pretended I was her daughter. She was my father's sister. She had wanted a normal life and when she went to America before my parents got married, my grandmother went with her.

Soon I decided that I would return to Taaron when I was older. I kept the royal pendant that belonged to me naturally. I still have it.

When I was twelve years old, my twin brother found that I was alive. He contacted me and I've been on frequent contact with my siblings ever since.

However, when I found out that I was going to have a baby, I changed my decision. I knew that I would never give my child the life my mother gave me and swore never to return to Taaron.

If Emily one day decides that she wants to have a royal life, I will personally take her to Taaron when she is older, but until then Emily will stay in America.

My mother and I definitely did not part on good terms, and neither did my father and I. I was infuriated at my father for telling me that whether or not my siblings and I wanted it, we would only live as royals. I had yelled at him about letting us choose our lives.

I so wanted to tell you all of this Nick. I swear I did. But I had to protect my brothers and sister. Please understand this." Olivia explained.

"What about that Jackson Matthews guy?" I ask after I processed everything she had said.

"Captain Jackson Matthews is the captain of the P.O.T.C. It stands for Protection Of The Crown.

Michael found out that I was a princess and contacted Taaron, telling them I was here in New York. He also tried to make a deal with me so that he would willingly not tell people here that I'm a princess." She says.

"What deal?" I ask cautiously. "He said that he would come forward as Emily's father if I agreed to marry him and go back to Taaron with him and Emily so that he can rule a kingdom. There would be no guarantee to that though." She tells me.

I clenched my fists at the thought. He has no right to her. He broke up with her and then he wants to claim a child he doesn't even believe is his. I decided to change the subject because anything was better than him. 

"Why don't you just make peace with your parents?" I asked. "Oh please. I have nothing to be sorry for." Olivia said as she began pacing back and forth with her arms wrapped around herself.

"You told your mother you hated her." I said. "I was five years old! I was mad. I don't regret saying it either." She said stubbornly.

"You yelled at your father." I say. "He deserved it." She grumbled. "So what? You're just gonna go through life with hatred for your parents?" I ask.

"That's the plan." She said. "Not the response I was expecting. What about your siblings? You miss them and I'm sure that they miss you." I say and she stopped to look at me.

"You're right. We do miss each other. Daniel and Victoria want me to come home, but that's not my home anymore. As for Jason, he understands that this is the life I want. So he just likes keeping in touch since we're family. Besides, as long as I have a say in it, my mother will never meet Emily. I will not allow her to do to Emily what she did to me." She says.

"What did she do to you?" I ask. "She put me in stupid ball gowns, forced me to balls, made me act perfect, and more. Everything had to be exactly how she wanted it. I even had to breathe her way." Olivia said and fell back on her bed next to me.

"You don't seem like the dress kind of person." I say. "I never was! Ugh!! This is my life. I like being normal. Not royal. That's not the life I was meant to live." She says.

"You think you were meant to live this life?" I ask. "Yes!" She said in a heartbeat.

"Why were you so mad when Michael pretended a life with a pregnant ex-girlfriend never happened? You're doing the same thing with Taaron." I ask.

"No, I'm not. I know that life happened. Taaron is my roots." She said and opened up a file on her laptop. "Everything that has anything to do with Taaron, I know. I get a link to it. For instance, just last year they reopened an orphanage. Last week they opened up a new school for the homeless. And in a couple of weeks my mother is going to the opening ceremony of a park for children." She says, showing me the link to each thing.

"So, you don't pretend it never happened?" I ask. "Nope. I would've already told people I trust with my life that I'm a princess if I wasn't so focussed on protecting my brothers and sister. And having a normal life." She says.

She starts to play with her pendant in her pocket. I don't get why she doesn't want a royal life. She'd be taken care of and so would Emily.

"Why don't you want the royal life? You would be taken care of. Emily would be taken care of." I say.

"Because that's not what I want. My mother would take over raising Emily. I wouldn't be raising my daughter. Her grandmother would. Trust me, one day, Emily's gonna thank me for not being like my mother.

I want to find my own way. If I went back, it would be my mother's way. She'd force me into marriage to a royal because in her opinion, if you have a child then you must be married. Whether or not you love them." She explained.

"Really?" I ask. "Yep. Most of my family had arranged marriages actually. Except my aunt. She followed her heart and married my uncle." She said.

I watched as she pulled out the pendant from her pocket. She just stared at it.

"Legend has it, this pendant was formed by the sea when danger came to the royal family. Ever since, the owner of the pendant has been protected so long as it was on them. I didn't believe it until I almost lost Emily that day with Michael." She says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "When Michael took the strike at me, I felt like a shield suddenly surrounded my child. When the strike was done, it felt like the shield vanished." She explained.

"He tried to hit you when you were pregnant?" I asked. "Yea." She said. Before I knew what I was doing, I had pulled Olivia to sit upright and I was hugging her tightly.

"You shouldn't have had to go through any of what he's put you through." I tell her. "I'm learning that." She said.

I pulled away to look into her eyes. She was staring right back into mine.

"What?" She asked. "I don't see how he could ever let you go." I say. "You can't?" She asks. "Not at all. You've got everything any guy could ever want in a woman." I say. "And what's that?" She asks me.

"You're intelligent, funny, sensitive, independent, caring, heartfelt, stubborn, understanding, trusting, and generous. You also have the biggest heart imaginable. Your inner beauty shines through." I tell her.

Before she could respond, I kissed her. After a moment, she kissed me back.