Nine

Olivia's POV

"Hello Father." I say as I stand beside him. He looks at me and immediately he was on his feet. "Olivia!" He said.

We stood in front of each other, me as tense as possible. "Are you ready to return home?" He asked. "No Father. I will not be returning home." I say.

"Don't be silly. If course you are." He said. "No, I'm not. My life is here in New York." I say. "Your life is in Taaron." He said.

"No, it's not." I say. "Olivia, we went over this twelve years ago. If you feel the need to go abroad for a year or more, then that's fine. However, by the time you are eighteen years old, you must return to Taaron." He said.

"We did not decide that. You and mother made that decision. I can have a normal life here. Just like Aunt Rosalie and Grandmother Melanie." I say.

"You are returning home." He said. "No, I'm not." I say. "Yes you are." He said and his voice was beginning to rise.

"Father, I'm not returning home. I have an education, good friends, a job, potential colleges, and a great family." I say.

"Whether you like it or not, you are returning home!" He said. "Ugh!" I say and storm into the kitchen, wrapping my arms around myself as I leaned against the counter.

"Okay, what happened?" Nick asked and I groaned. "Nothing good ever comes from talking to my father!" I snap. "Calm down Olivia." Nick said.

I sent him a scowl. "I've lived in America since I was five, and he expects me to give that all up to return to a kingdom that I have nothing to do with anymore?!" I say and groan.

"So he wants you to go home?" Nick asks me. "Yea, but I'm not a princess anymore! I'm a normal girl now." I say. "Why did he decide to come?" He asks.

"I don't even know. Listen, I don't want to think about this right now. It's almost Christmas and for the first time in what feels like forever, I know I'm going to have a great Christmas." I say, kissing his cheek before taking Emily back.

"You know, I don't think we should pretend we're a couple. I think we should become an actual couple." He says.

"I think that's a wonderful idea." I say. "You know what that means, don't you?" He asked me. I shook my head no. "That I get to kiss you whenever I want." He said, leaning in to kiss me.

He kissed me and I kissed him back. We just kissed for a minute before pulling apart.

"Well what do you know? A Christmas romance." I say with a giggle. "I guess so. Even though technically, Christmas is a few weeks away." He said.

"Don't ruin the moment." I joke. He chuckles with a slight nod before looking at giggling Emily.

"What are you laughing at?" He said to her, tickling her cheek. She giggled a little more.

I looked down at my little girl before I felt an arm wrap around my waist. "I also get to have my arm around you if I want." Nick whispered in my ear and I giggled.

"Thanks for coming into my family's Coffee House on Thursday." He says. "Thanks for taking me in off the streets." I say.

"Anytime." We chorus. He chuckled at me before looking up at the clock. "Our shifts are over. Let's get out of here." He said.

"What if my father's out there?" I sigh. He looked out the door. "He's not." Nick said and I smiled before walking outside to Nick's car.

We talked and laughed the whole drive back to his house, me taking multiple glances back at Emily.