Chapter 4

ABIGALE

I wake up to a beeping sound. Confusedly I look around and hear the obnoxious sound coming from my bedside table. Is that an alarm clock? I quickly make it shut up wondering how it even came there. It was probably Mrs. Malik's idea.

I stroll along towards the bathroom ready to start the day.

Splashing some water on my face doesn't help with feeling more awake, so I consider taking a lukewarm shower. I strip from my pyjama and throw it through the bathroom door in my bedroom. With a twist the water starts flowing from the showerhead and I mentally prepare myself for the cold water. I muster all the courage I got and step under it. Lukewarm comes too close to cold in my head.

I shiver, but surprisingly keep standing under it. It's refreshing after all. When I'm done, I
reach out for a towel and quickly dry my body after finding it. Returning to my room I decide to wear my skinny jeans and a simple white shirt. I slip it on and throw my semi-wet hair in a bun. Finally being done, I stride towards the kitchen feeling very hungry.

Nobody is here and I also didn't see anyone on my way towards here. They must be still sleeping. I look in the fridge for food to prepare as breakfast. It surprises me that they don't have a personal cook or something. My eyes fell on a note laying on the kitchen aisle. I grab it and scan over the neatly written words.

Clean up the house a bit, please. They already ate breakfast with me. -Mrs Malik

I feel a bit excluded, but decide to make myself breakfast and then start my task. Where is everyone if they were awake already? I shrugg it off as I decide to prepare some bacon and eggs for myself.

To be honest, I hate cleaning. Why has this cleaning lady to be sick just when I come? I eat and then take the list with tasks again.

-Clean the kitchen. Plates and such can be put in the dishwasher.

-Wash the windows. (Only the ones in the kitchen and living room.)

I collect some useable products from the utility room, but when I enter the hallway again now stopping in my tracks when I see them.

Zayn is accompanied by a blonde. He has his arm around her waist and she's smirking up at him like a maniac. I think about spraying them with one of the products, but I chose against it knowing it'd only be used against me.

They stroll past me not even giving me a glance. I roll my eyes at their arrogancy and I could only hope they wouldn't go to the kitchen, which is where I got to be. Unfortunatelly for me the two are exchanging spit on one of the kitchen chairs just when I walk in.

"Why eat breakfast if you can eat each other." I murmur shaking my head at the abhorrent view. Both their heads snap up at me and I know the words had escaped from my mouth louder than intended. I really have to do something about my thinking out loud.

"What?" Zayn asks, while pushing the blonde girl off of him and making her sit on another chair instead of sitting on him. A glare plasters upon her face because I ruined her moment with him. I know, life isn't always fair.

"Nothing." I reply awkwardly. He narrows his eyes at me for a split second, but thankfully leaves the topic alone.

Half an hour later I finish everything that was asked by Mrs. Malik. I put everything back in the utility room and decide to go check on Safaa and Waliyha who are probably still sleeping.

I knock on Safaa's pink door first and not a second later it's swung open. Safaa's already dressed and looking like she's having fun on her own. I look behind her and see her Barbie's.

When I was younger I was addicted to Barbie's. I found them pretty cool even when I was more a tomboy growing up.

"What's the problem?" She asks opening the door wider so I can enter.

"Nothing, I just came to check on you." I answer and she nods understanding.

She plays further with her Barbie's as I sit down on the edge of her bed watching. My thoughts drift back to Zayn and the girl. I dare Safaa to ask a question about them.

"Do you know the girl who is with Zayn right now?"

"What does she look like?" She asks. She probably met so many girls that she's accustomed to it. Which is sad if you think about it.

"Blonde, annoying giggle. Maybe this tall..." I hold my hand up at the valued height to describe her the best I can. I didn't really concentrate on any other features she had.

"Sounds like Perrie." She says wrinkling her nose in disgust. "They break up a lot and then come back together. But when she's not around, other girls come." She whispers the last part as if it's a secret.

"Oh." I say not knowing what else I can say about that subject to someone of her age. I awkwardly stare at the Barbie's. It doesn't surprise me though that Zayn isn't loyal in a relationship,

"I hate Perrie." She states after some silence.

I nod at her and stand up to leave the room. But just before I'm out she says:

"I just met you yesterday and I already like you more than I like Perrie."

I smile at her. "Thank you, Safaa."

In a strange way her words give me satisfaction. I want to be better than the others. In my opinion Safaa's the sweetest of this family.