Chapter 23

ZAYN

I hate myself. How could I be this stupid. I regret every single thing that happened. If my mum hadn't visited us than nothing would've went wrong. I would have never said the stupid things I did and I'd be currently cuddled up with the only person my heart longed for. It has been a few days since the last time I held her.

Instead I'm now laying next to Perrie, my arm feeling lifeless as she had laid on it the whole night. Afraid to wake her up and having to spend time with her awake I try to be as quiet and still as possible.

Perrie is manageable as a friend, because you don't have to put up with her that much.

I look at her as she cuddles up against me. My mind goes back to Abigale and how she looks beautiful even when she's sleeping. I glance at the clock seeing it's only 5 pm. Had I worn her out that bad?

Feelings of guilt and regret wash over me as I realise yet again how big the mistake is that I had just made. How could I have sex with Perrie when Abigale is probably hurting.

You're so fucking stupid. I kept repeating to myself. How could I let a girl like Perrie blackmail me? I didn't even know she had the brains to do so. After dinner she had told me that if I didn't do what she said, she'd tell my mum about us breaking up and that I had a thing going on with Abigale. I'm such a pussy for being scared of my mum.

Luckily for me Perrie turns around giving me the chance to pull my arm away. I slowly slide from under the duvet and look at Perrie one last time making she hadn't woken up.

I saunter towards the bathroom taking in my appearance. Eventhough I look okay, inside I'm feeling empty. Would she ever be able to forgive me? I've been such a fucking asshole to her.

I leave my room silently making my way into the kitchen. When I'm pouring milk in a glass, Waliyha walks in looking down at her as always.

Waliyha has been acting different towards me. She went from missing me when I wasn't there to ignoring me everytime I'm around. I hate it.

"Also want a glass of milk?" I ask her lifting mine.

She gives me a glare in return.

"Why are you acting like this? What happened between Abigale and I is not your business." I state seeing her look up from her phone as she rolls her eyes, making me miss the times she was still a baby.

"You didn't say a word about Perrie since that day and now after everything that has happened between you and Abigale, you're suddenly back together? What happened?" Waliyha snaps at me, annoyance dripping from her voice.

"I simply moved on." I lie to her. I couldn't tell anyone about Perrie blackmailing me. My mum would definitely be on her side and fire Abigale immediately.

"Yeah, right. Lucky for her she has moved on too. In fact, she's on a date right now at the funfair." Waliyha smiles wickedly at me knowing I wouldn't like this.

I clench my fist in anger. While I'm feeling bad for days about what I had done, she moved on like it meant nothing to her at all? Only the thought of another man touching her makes me want to throw up. One thing is sure, if I meet this guy, I'll make him regret it.

»»»

ABIGALE

My mouth falls slightly agape when Aron pulls up in front of a big funfair. I've always wanted to go to one.

"Excited?" He asks sending a cheeky smile my way as he already had seen my reaction.

"Hell, yes." I answer with a smile. We get out from the car and without thinking twice I take his hand and pull him inside with me. He insists on paying for our tickets and I agree not wanting to make this awkward by protesting.