Chapter 13

ABIGALE

"You're different than the others. You dare to argue and tell me off. There something special about you." Zayn continues, looking nervous for the time. This must be way out of his comfort zone. His words make my heart melt.

"But why don't you date?" I ask confused. 

He murmurs something incoherent that I didn't get.

"What?"

"I've never done that shit before." He  murmurs as he composes himself, trying to look tough. There's the Zayn I know again, but I don't mind. I know this is a defensive mechanisme.

"Really?" I ask in surprise. He nods looking away not wanting to meet my eyes. I want to believe him desperately, but I know that couldn't be the truth. 

"But Perrie, weren't you dating her?" 

"No. I never asked her." 

"Oh." I reply not really knowing what to say. "I haven't dated either." I declare and his head snaps up. 

He takes a step forward closing the distance between us. He seems to be doubting over his next move and I decide to make it easier for him.

"Just kiss me." I whisper laying my hands on his chest. 

Not wasting this opportunity his lips meet mine and at this exact moment I forget all the bad that has happened between us. All the bad moments can't even compete with how happy he can make me feel. The kiss is passionate and I can't help but to lust for more. His arms snake around my waist pulling me closer into him.

"Please. Try. For. Me." I beg between kisses. When he's about to pull back, I grab the back of his head pulling him back in. Moments later he pulls back again, causing me to groan in frustration. 

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"That you should give us a chance." I murmur frowning. I don't want to just kiss and hug him when we're alone, I want and need the full package. We can't stay in this place forever. 

"I don't know." He says looking a bit annoyed by my attempts. For now I'll have to accept how things are between us, but I don't know how long I'll put up with it.

"I think we should head back." I tell him. 

"Sure." We walk towards our horses. I untie mine and get onto it. Zayn is already waiting by the time I'm ready. The horses lazily walk towards the house. 

"Tomorrow I throw a party in a club, maybe you should come." He insists suddenly making me furrow me eyebrows at the request. 

"I've got to care of your sisters." I point out. "I can't go partying."

"They'll sleep by then." He argues back like it's no big deal to leave under-aged girls in a big house all by themselves. What if something happened to them? Mrs. Malik would never forgive me and neither would I myself.

"No, I can't do that and I won't." I say. The few parties I had been to while being in high school hadn't exactly been fun, which made me dislike going out. 

"Yes, you can. I'll arrange another nanny." He smirks knowing that I've run out of excuses now. Maybe I should loosen up for once and do this. 

"Fine. But I'll go shopping with Waliyha and Safaa tomorrow. I've got nothing to wear." Zayn nods, agreeing. 

I'm still shocked by how fast everything has changed. Less than an hour ago I was crying because of him and now we're in this strange place, being more than friends but less than lovers. I hate not having any certainty.