Chapter 31

ABIGALE

After Zayn and I had laid down we kind of started making out. A month ago I wouldn't even touch a boy and look at me now. I'm still sick obviously and I told Zayn multiple times that I don't want him to get sick because of me but he said he doesn't care. 

Things are getting pretty heated when suddenly Nora decides to come inside again and interrupt us. 

"Can you guys do this another time?" Nora scoffs from  behind us. Zayn pulls back immediatelly and pushes me away a bit as he stands up.

"Sorry, Nori." He says as he gives her an apoligizing smile. My stomach turns at the nickname.

His actions confuse me. Normally he'd say to fuck off, but now with Nora things are clearly different. I hate it. 

"Since I didn't see my best friend in ages. Lets do some catching up." She says while grabbing Zayn's hand. I frown at the gesture not wanting her to touch him. She gives Zayn puppy-dog eyes trying to convince him. He looks between Nora and I. I raise my eyebrows at him curious about which choice he's going to make. 

"I don't-"

"Why don't you wanna hang out with me?" She exclaims dramatically with a disappointed look on her face. 

I roll my eyes at her bad acting performance. Zayn seems to have no eyes as he eventually gives in. 

"Fine." He tells her. 

She claps her hands and walks away to her guest room to get ready probably.

"Do you mind?" Zayn asked as he sat down beside me on the couch. I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's fine." 

He gives me a peck on the cheek and walks away to go and spend time with 'Nori'. It seems like I'll have the day to myself. 

»»»

Zayn and Nora had left for two hours now. The doctor came by and told me that it'd be over soon as I took the medication he suggested.

I'm currently entertaining myself with my phone. I've come to the point of boredom that I'm looking myself up on Google. The results surprise me.

Pictures of Zayn and I appear on my screen. Some also with Waliyha and Safaa. I can recognize several locations we've been.  The beach, the park, the swimparadise... How come I never saw them take these? 

Suddenly I remember what Mrs. Malik had written in the letter I've gotten at the start of this summer. One of her rules are that they should always look nice because they're in public eye quite a lot. I mentally face palme myself that the rule had slipped from my mind. I quickly scroll through the pictures and I'm relieved when I don't see anything to bad. 

I close down my phone when I hear the front door open and shut again.

I recognize Nora her high-pitched voice as she and Zayn walk in laughing at something. I cock an eyebrow, looking at the two of them being happy. Jealousy is really getting the best of me at this point. I'm imagining all the ways that are possible to pull out her hair. 

"How ya doin', babe?" Zayn asks while leaning down and giving me a peck on the lips. Nora scoffs silently but as usual Zayn doesn't hear it. 

"The doctor said I need medication. Here." I hand him the doctor recipe and he gazes down at it curiously.

"We might have that. Give me a second." With that he walks out of the living room and towards the bathroom where the medication is stored in a cupboard.