Chapter 39

ABIGALE

"Abigale." I turn around to face the person I least expected.

"Aron?" I question. "What are you doing here?"

I'm shocked to see him in my room. How did he even get up here without anyone noticing him?

He holds his arms above his head in surrender. "If you want me to leave, just say it..." He trails off.

"No, sorry. You can stay, I guess." I mutter with a sigh afterwards. I put the back of my hand against my forehead while the other rests on my hip. I feel like an utter and total mess.

Aron looks at me sympathetically before opening his arms and without thinking properlt I walk into them, hugging him closely. I need this.

He backtracks for a moment to look at my face properly. "You look sad." He states after a few seconds of silence. "Did something happen?"

Now I realize that I was going to leave without saying goodbye to Aron. How could I forget about him? I mentally facepalm.

"I'm leaving," I say with a sad voice. Aron looks shocked at my announcement as his eyes widen.

"You're leaving? Why? When? How?" He asks frantically clearly not liking the thought.

"I've got to prepare for college and Zayn and I kind of just broke up," I say looking down at my feet. Two fingers go under my chin, pushing my head up, so I meet his eyes again.

His blue eyes stare deeply into my sad brown eyes.

"He doesn't deserve someone like you." He whispers while putting a stroke of hair behind my ear and cupping my left cheek. From that moment I know something else was going on. He doesn't see this as a friendship as I do.

"Aron. I don't think-." I want to push him away by placing my hands on his chest, but he wouldn't budge. Just before he could kiss me I hear someone cough. I quickly jump away from Aron. In the doorframe stands Zayn, looking angry and hurt.

Fuck. How could this happen?

"Why?" He croaks out and then quickly turns in his steps leaving Aron and me alone again.

"Zayn!" I yell, wanting to chase him, but Aron takes my wrist holding me back. I struggle to get out of his grasp, but he doesn't let me go. What the fuck? Without thinking I raise my hand and slap him as hard as possible on his cheek.

"Leave!" I yell at him feeling the tears well up. "Now!" I punch him on his chest, but I figure that my hand probably hurts more than his chest.

Aron directly turns around and follows the same way as Zayn. I fall onto my bed and cry, just like the other days. Maybe this was a sign. I should really leave, deep down I know I don't want to, but I think it's the best thing I can do. Just let everything be over with and leave. I wipe away the tears and go back towards my closet taking out all the clothes and put them in my suitcase.

»»»

ZAYN

Don't be a coward, Zayn. You can't let her slip through your fingers, she's the best thing that ever happened to you, don't fuck it up now. Be a man.

I inhale deeply before walking through the hallway until I'm in front of her bedroom door. Muffled voices come from inside. What's going on in there. I lean in closer to hear the voices properly.

"He...deserve...like you." It's a masculin voice. Aron. What is this fucktard doing up here? I listen more closely by pushing my ear against the wood.

"I don't think.." Suddenly Abigale's voice is cut off and there's a silence. I pull back from the door and without thinking I push it open. All the air is slammed out of me. Even the worst pain can't describe what I feel right now. They are standing in an embrace almost kissing. How long has this been going on?

"Why?" I whisper feeling hurt by what she did and mad at Aron. How stupid of me to think that we'd just jump in each other's arms again and 'live happily ever after'. Naïve boy. I run away from the sick making scenario and on my way to the front door, I grab my jacket and cigarettes. I open the door and stop in my tracks when I feel a wet substance on my cheek. I reach up and feel water... tears. I shake my head madly and exit the house.

Short after I closed the door, I hear it open again. I start hoping it'll be Abigale but when I turn around all the anger from just seconds ago return.

"I fucking hate you!" I yell, throwing the cigarette away and making it over towards Aron. With a harsh push I pin him against the wall with my hands holding his colar. As anger overtakes I give Aron a punch on his cheek and let him fall to the ground as he cups his already reddening cheek. I kick him in the stomach. "She's mine! Abigale is mine."

»»»

Exciting news is on its way!