Chapter 27

ABIGALE

I want to lay in my bed for years. Forget about everything that happened and start all over again. But I know that isn't possible. One way or another I know I'd never lose these feelings I have for Zayn. That's for sure. There's just something unexplainable about him.

I know that laying in my bed for a whole day wouldn't solve a thing. Especially now Doniya has left.

I walk downstairs trying to be as silent as possible. When I reach the kitchen I start to prepare dinner.

When everything's ready and on the plates, I call for everyone to come eat. I fear facing Zayn, but it has to happen. My heart beats wildly in my chest as I hear the basement door open behind me.

"Abigale, can I talk to you for a minute?" His all too familiar voice asks.

I hestitate for a moment and fight back the urge to look in his eyes.

"No." I answer harshly.

I hear him walk closer up to me and before I realise what's happening I'm lifted from the floor and laid on his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I yell while giving his back soft punches several times. He walks us down the stairs to his room.

Soon my back hits a soft mattress. I quickly sit back up and crawl back until my back is against the headboard of his bed. For the first time our eyes meet, a small frown settles between my eyebrows. My lips stay locked as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Can you please handle this like an adult for once?" Zayn frustratedly exclaims as he rubs his hands over his face dramatically.

Handle this like an adult? Me not saying anything to him because he made out with another girl yesterday is childish? I'm not the one in the wrong here.

Our eyes stay locked as he stares at me, his fists clenched at his sides. I remain silent giving him the chance to speak first, I've got nothing to say anyways.

I'm still shocked by what I discovered yesterday. I knew Zayn did bad things but I had not thought he'd do it this often. He's probably addicted. How didn't I notice this before, expect for the time he bruised my wrists?

"Let me explain." Zayn pleads and I nod.

"Fine."

A small smile spreads on his face but it soon vanishes again as he seems to be thinking about something.

"So it all began when I was 18 years old. Two years ago..."

Flashback. (3th person POV)

"Babe, I know how to take the pain away." She whispered in Zayn's ear seductively.

Zayn looked up at the blonde gorgeous girl in front of him. Her brown goldish eyes stared deeply in his as she smiled slightly. Zayn loved her so much, it almost hurt. She did so much for him and she was the only one who really cared about him at this time in his life. She doesn't care about his money.

Or at least that was what he thought.

"Rose?" He asked.

"Yes?" She said looking at him innocently.

It was also hard for her leading him on like that. She knew how much he cared for her but she had to do this. She worked for a company that was losing a lot of money right now because of her and she needed to get it back somehow. So when she met Zayn, who was alone with no one who cared, she saw it as the perfect opportunity. He was broken and she took advantage of that. She was playing his feelings for a few months now and she was surprised by how easy it had been.

She knew all too well that Zayn'd do anything for her. He was following her like a lost puppy.

"Take the pain away."

Today it was exactly a year ago since his father had died. He still missed him every day.

"Close your eyes." Rose whispered in his ear once again as she got of his lap to get something.

Zayn obliged her. Something about Rose kept him so addicted to her; maybe it was this mysterious aura around her? The way she cared but still kept a distant, which resulted in him wanting her even more.

Soon he felt a stinging sensation of a needle in his arm, causing him to open his eyes immediately.

Rose was kneeling down next to him as she was pressing the liquid out of a syringe into his arm. Even while she was doing this Zayn still found that she was the most beautiful girl ever.

"It just takes a moment, Zayn, and you'll be totally happy again." She stroke with a hand through his hair giving him a smile.

"I love you." Zayn managed to bring out as she placed a small kiss on his cheek.

She never answered him, she just gave him a smile and after that everything was a blur. An addictive blur.

End of flashback.

Zayn sighs deeply.

"The next morning I woke up finding out that my bank card was gone along with the money on it. She left without saying anything. I was dumb enough to search for her everywhere thinking that maybe someone took her from me or she was pressured into leaving me." He shakes his head in disbelief sitting down next to me.

I'm at loss for words. I didn't even know that his dad had died. I want to wrap my arms around him and tell him that I'd never do that but I can't. I'm still hurting from the events yesterday.

"I'm really sorry about that-" I'm cut off by Zayn.

"I was a wreck after she left. It hurted so much, you know? But than I remembered something. There was a way to take the pain away and that was how it all continued. That was until you came." Zayn says staring deeply into my eyes and taking my hands in his. His thumb rubs softly over it.

"I made a deal with myself to never do it again, but yesterday that promise was broken." He looks like he could break down any moment.

"Why?"

"It was three years since my dad died." I think I see a tear threatening to escape but it's gone fastly.

"I don't know what to say."

Zayn his hopefull expression changes into one of anger. The side I hated the most of him is the one I'm about to see right now. He can change in a matter of seconds, which is quite scary actually.

"I didn't expect you'd understand." He spits angrily as he's about to leave his bedroom.

Zayn his words repeat themselves in my head: Can you please handle this like an adult for once?

"No. Zayn wait!" I exclaim while quickly standing up and closing the door again before he can leave. He looks surprised.

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm just really speechless. What you've been through is rough and no one should be played like that or loose a parent. But I can assure you that the dark period is your life is over. I would never do that to you." I whisper hoping he'd now understand what I meant.

Zayn's eyes soften as he slowly opens his arms for me to walk into them. I do as suggested and he holds me tightly against his chest. I feel so safe around him. I know what he did yesterday was wrong but under the circumstances and us not being together, I suppose I should forgive him. He's gone through enough already.

"Never ever leave me like that." He painfully brings out almost chattering my heart in million pieces at the hurt lacing through his voice.

"I promise."