Chapter 6

ABIGALE

I enter the kitchen where Safaa and Waliyha are sitting with hopeful looks on their face.

"And?" Safaa asks more looking towards the door where she thinks her brother might come out any second. I feel bad for them.

"He's not feeling well." I lie. I don't want to hurt them any more than Zayn already does. How would you feel when your jerk brother is always fucking around in the house and not caring about you? I wouldn't speak to him, that's for sure.

"Oh." Safaa answers disappointment clear in her eyes and voice. Waliyha rolls her eyes knowing this is a lie. I'm just about to say another thing when I hear the door from the basement open and close behind me. Just from the look in Safaa's eyes I know Zayn is standing behind me. When I turn to face him a sheepish smile rests on his face. I confusedly turn back around and stare at my plate. He walks around the table and sits down right across from me.

Typical.

"Abigale just told us you weren't feeling all too well. What made you change your mind?" Waliyha states folding her hands and resting her chin on them.

Did she just throw shade at Zayn? That's my girl.

Zayn gives me a thankful nod for making up an excuse.

"Yeah, she's right. But I didn't want to miss out on lunch with my favourite ladies." He says smoothly.

Even though I know these words make Waliyha and Safaa more than happy, I can't help but pity them. Zayn is lying straight to their faces which he does out of guilt. He'd rather be downstairs spending his time with Perrie. Well, more doing Perrie.

Out of the blue I feel his foot touching mine under the table. I quickly retract my feet and cross them underneath my chair, keeping a safe distance. When I take a quick glance at his face I can see him touching my foot wasn't an accident. He keeps looking at me like he's trying to say something but I avoid eye contact as much as possible, which pisses him off.

I see everyone is ready with eating so I take the plates and walk over to the sink placing them in it. While the sink slowly fills with water, Zayn and Waliyha are engaged in a conversation about something unknown to me.

I start washing the dishes slowly as I try to follow their conversation.

"How is everything going with Perrie?" Waliyha asks sweet, but deadly. It's silent from Zayn's side for a while.

I think about how Perrie is probably sitting down in the basement waiting for Zayn to come back. How miserable. I pity her too.

"Good." He finally speaks up.

"Very good, if you'd know what happened down there." I murmur under my breath. But as always I make myself audible and now their attention is on me. I silently curse to myself not looking up to meet their gazes.

"What did you say?" Waliyha asks casually.

"I didn't say anything." I shrug.

They shake it off and continue their conversation. I finish the dishes. What should I do now since it's only 1pm and I'm the nanny so that means I should do something with them, right? I look out of the window and see the sun shining brightly. I concentrate on the trees and don't see them moving from the wind, which means there's most likely none. Perfect beach weather in my opinion.

"Wanna go to the beach?" I suggest.

Waliyha and Safaa directly agree and run upstairs to prepare for the little trip.