Chapter 21

ABIGALE

Our vacation went by quicker than I had expected. Zayn and I didn't speak that much anymore after the accident. I could still not believe he had done that in front of me and his sisters. He needed anger management.

After he had left the room, things got awkward between us. Zayn suddenly had to work most of the times as he wasn't around and I spent my days exploring Greece with the girls. What had meant to be a relaxing and fun vacation with the four of us ended up as a small disaster.

Zayn acted like he didn't care about us. He didn't even made an effort to talk to me about what had happened. Eventhough it killed me, I knew he had to be the first to come and talk to me. I wouldn't give in this time.

Eventhough Zayn and I had this awkward tension between us, we still slept in the same bed. He'd come to bed after me thinking I was asleep as he put an arm around me and pulled me into him. Every morning we woke up cuddled against each other and we acted as if it was nothing but still we didn't talk normally. I loved the sweet protective side of him and hated his agressive one. I could only hope to never see it again.

Sadly enough we were currently in the taxi riding back towards their mansion in England. I was going to miss Greece. The weather was amazing and you could actually swim in the sea without freezing your toes off. It was the best vacation I've ever had if you left out the Zayn part. As I think about if, it actually was the only vacation I ever had.

"We're here." The taxi driver said. I stepped out as Zayn paid him. James had to be on one of his days off everytime we needed him.

After unpacking Safaa's stuff, I went to my room placing my suitcase there. It was 7 pm and I should make them dinner. I would have to unpack another time.

Once being downstairs I started preparing spaghetti bolognaise. I turned around to go take something out of the fridge but I was startled when I saw Zayn. He was leaning against the door frame watching me.

"Hey." He said as a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. I looked at him in disbelief. When the vacation was over he could suddenly talk to me again? Why didn't he do this days ago? I would never understand the logic some men had.

"Hey." I answered back flatly. I took the butter out of the fridge and walked back to the cook stove. Two arms sneaked around my waist unexpectedly.

"Zayn. I'm making dinner." I said sternly. But he didn't budge. His actions messed with my head. How could he not understand what he had done was wrong and ignoring me after was even worse.

"Zayn." I said again as I tried to pry his hands away from my stomach.

"Not unless you give me a kiss." He whispered in my ear. A shiver ran down my spine.

"And what if I don't want to?" I said turning around so his face was only inches away from mine. I shouldn't have done that.

"Then I'll make you." He said trying to inch closer, his eyes shut as I quickly turned my head searching for the butter. I saw it and reached with my fingers for it smearing it on them. I turned back to Zayn and whipped it over his lips and nose.

"What the fuck!" He yelled. I laughed getting out of his grasp as I took the pasta of the stove.

"That's what you get for acting childish." I challenged as he wiped the butter away with a towel. As his eyes met mine I knew it was time to run and it didn't took long before he ran after me. We were both stood at each side of the couch slowly walking circles around it as I tried to keep the distance.

"Come over here." Zayn demanded. I smirked at how desperate he sounded.

"You know what?" I asked leaning closer to him and so did he. He shook his head.