ten: a good point

We were at the park.

Out of all the places we could've gone...we came to the park.

But they made a good point. They said there were a bunch of mall cops that always paid attention to every single teenager whenever it was a school day. Normani and Dorelys said they get creeped out all the time, and that they've gotten in trouble by them three times already. They have their picture in the back room, where all the security take people who have stolen and all that other shit.

So we came to the park. It was the ends of October, in Orlando, and it wasn't cold nor was it hot. It was...fresh. The sun was out, which was odd because it was just raining when my dad dropped me off at school this morning, and we were walking down a path through the forest part of the park. I glanced around, my hands in my jacket's pockets, wondering why I've never been to this park before.

Maybe it was because growing up, Camila, Geoffrey and I were too lazy to walk anyway. Also, to be fair, the part of North Carolina where we first grew up wasn't exactly the best neighborhood to let kids walk around freely. Although, we did see a bunch of kids ride their bikes to the park just two streets down. Which leads me back to what I first said, we were too lazy to walk to that park.

"You look like you've never been to a park before." Dorelys bumped my shoulder, breaking me away from my thoughts. I smiled a little, glancing at her for a short minute before looking around once again.

"I've only been living in Florida for 8 years now. Not really all that familiar with it yet." I told her honestly, shrugging.

"Well, this is possibly the second most popular park." I raised my eyebrow, confused as to why she said second. She let out a small laugh,"Right after DisneyWorld." I nodded, shaking my head at myself after. How could I forget that. She laughed at me, bumping my shoulder again."So, what did you want to talk about?"

I glanced at her, looking ahead as I let out a small breath. There was no way of getting out of this one. I looked over my shoulder, seeing Normani and Dinah talking to each other, seemingly really interested on what they were talking about. I puffed air out of my mouth, waiting it out, thinking that maybe she'll forget what she asked...but no.

"Y/N?"

I mentally groaned, glancing at her again before speaking,"The other day we talked about...love and relationships, remember?" She nodded, her hands now in her jacket pockets. Taking in another deep breath, I added,"You hesitated."

She frowned, her eyebrows furrowed,"What?"

"When I asked you if you were in love with your boyfriend...you hesitated." I told her, causing her to look away from my eyes. I forced myself to keep going."Is there something going on between you two?" She stayed silent, a distant look in her eyes making me feel guilty for even bringing this up."Look, Dorelys, I know we just met...like, a couple of weeks ago. But if you ever need to talk–"

"I remember when we talked." She interrupted me, meeting my eyes for a short moment, then looked back at what was ahead of us. I heard Dinah and Normani's footsteps behind us, making me calm a little because if Dorelys was to go off on me, they could stop it. Hopefully it won't have to come to that."We talked about how we believe we think we have found the right love when we start dating someone. I remember." She said nervously, still staring at nothing.

"Um, yeah."

"And I talked to him about that." She added, her voice sounding strangely scared. I walked a little closer to her, hoping it would maybe make her feel like she wasn't alone. Technically, she wasn't. But I wanted her to know I was here for her."We're on a break. He said he has some stuff to think through and I totally understand because I just brought that up so randomly–"