sixteen: humming

"Y/N, come on. Say something."

I hugged my pillow tighter, bringing it impossibly closer to my chest. It was dark out now, having left the curtains opened allowed me to see the moon. And for the first in my life, I found myself not wanting to see it.

I found myself wanting to hide from it, staying quiet as I looked at it, allowing it to be bright as it is now even though it's actually hurting me. Why am I allowing it to hurt me? I can simply get up and close the curtain, but no, I am choosing it to let it hurt me.

I'm not talking about the moon anymore, I realize that.

I thought Lauren was just going to tell me to mind my business, and to not tell anyone about her and I anymore. Boy, was I wrong. I should've said something, stopped her from staying all those things...but the thing was, I instantly shut down whenever I look into those eyes that were filled with hate.

Now, I'm just thinking about all that hate I saw in her eyes. What was the quote of the eyes being the window to the soul? Is that true or is that bullshit? I'm starting to think it's true, the more I keep going back to Lauren's eyes.

"I knew I should have spoken up." Dinah spoke up, muttering, probably not wanting me to hear. But I did, and I didn't plan on saying anything back. I hope she calls me stupid, let me know how stupid it was to let Lauren say all those things to me. And I hope she also asks about what led her to saying those things...you know, besides the fact that I told Dinah about her relationship with Leonard."What the hell were you thinking? Why did you stop me?"

"I didn't think she was going to say much." I shrugged, resting my chin on top of my pillow.

"She had a lot to say." Dinah huffed, and I simply stayed quiet, not knowing what else to say."We need to talk about Friday night."

"I don't want talk about anything right now, Dinah." I laid down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling with a blank look on my face. I released a breath out of my mouth, my pillow still against my chest.

"But this is serious, Y/N. We have to talk-"

The sound of my bedroom door opening caused her to stop talking, I didn't lift my head to check who it was. I knew it was my sister.

"Where did Lauren go?"

"You didn't knock." I said instead of answered her, not taking my eyes off my ceiling. I heard my sister scoff, making me believe she was shaking her head at me. I shut my eyes, answering her question,"She left."

"What a bitch." Camila muttered. Dinah mumbled a quiet "yeah", which caused me to throw my pillow at her. The Polynesian muttered a short "rude" to me, while Camila said,"Nice friendship you two have there."

"Yup." I said simply, opening one of my eyes and found Dinah glaring at me. I shrugged, closing my eye.

"Anyway," Camila dragged it out."we were suppose to watch a movie, but I guess that's canceled." She mumbled, huffing at the green eyed girl. I kept my mouth shut, still listening to her though."You guys wanna watch a movie? Netflix has 'How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days'."

"Kenny should be worried." I muttered, not really thinking much about it. Apparently my sister heard me, because next thing I feel is a pillow hit me. I sat up and glared at her, catching her shrug before thanking Dinah for handing her the pillow. I shook my head at them, laying back down as I said,"No. I'm fine here."

"Whatever." Camila said to me, then asked Dinah,"You wanna watch with me? I'd do anything to get out of hanging out with my sister. She's boring." Camila said jokingly, earning a huff from me.