thirty-one: it will always mean something

This is really late but I've been heart broken because Don't Say You Love Me is so emotional and making me cry over my non-existent girlfriend. Anyway, here's the update, and if I'm not a lazy piece of shit, a one shot on a song from the album will go up soon. That's it...enjoy and sorry for any mistakes.
___________\

After two years, I finally finished.

It took me some time to even start it, the book, I mean. Everything I have experienced in high school, senior year, until the day I left for college.

I figured people should read of how there are different perspectives to everything. To love, religion, pain, words, family and most of all, friends.

People are experiencing everything you're going through differently. Your pain at this moment, could be their joyful, proud moment. And no, they are not joyful and proud because you're in pain. They're probably happy because of what is going on in their life.

By me telling you this, it doesn't mean your pain isn't worth knowing. Someone cares, I care, and I want to know what it is that could help get you through that pain.

Just like you, you cared enough to read and see how I would get through my pain. And although I am still in pain, just a little, I'm actually really happy that you've made it this far.

This story, it was about me. Me and my friends, how we went through tough times yet we still pushed through because we knew we had to. Because if we don't push through, how will we know how it gets better? Because it does get better, it takes time, sometimes a lot of time, but it's worth it at the end.

I stopped, looking down at the keys of my keyboard. I chewed the inside of my cheek, wondering if I should keep everything I just wrote in the author's note. I shook it off, saving it before I shut my computer.

I decided to leave it at that, then stood up and put my computer back into my backpack. Feeling my phone vibrate, I pulled it out to check what it was. Smiling at the caller, I answered and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Tell me you're on your way." She said, and I shut my eyes as I stayed quiet. I heard her huff, then she said,"Your Christmas break start three days ago, you should've been here two days ago." She said seriously, causing me to sigh and pick my backpack up.

"Look, I've been busy," I told her, opening the door and exiting the building. She huffed, causing me to chuckle."But, I'm done and I might just show you what's been taking up all my time."

"Can I get hint?" She asked curiously, causing me to laugh quietly as I pulled my car keys out. I put my backpack in the backseat before I took my seat in the driver's seat.

"Lets just say you and Dorelys will be happy about The Poly Princess and the Puerto Rican Brat." I said simply, turning my car on.

She gasped dramatically,"You wrote about us?!"

I shook my head."I have to go, Dinah. I'm driving."

"You bitch! You have to tell me more!" She exclaimed, causing me shake my head before I hung up on her. I would hear about that later, so I shrugged it off and began my drive to my home.

*****

Last year, it was different. I had taken a flight in from Louisiana, because the flights were cheaper last year. It was a nice flight, easy departure and easy landing.

When I arrived to the airport, the weather in Florida was just as I remembered it. It was hot, for a winter in December, it wasn't surprising that it was. So I was glad to be home, ready to see my family after months of not seeing them.