eighteen: i'm prepared to sacrifice

You guys are going to fucking shit your pants...holy shit.
Uh...enjoy!
____________\

I scratched my head, glanced around myself one more time before slumping my shoulders. I rested my head on my palms, my elbows supporting by resting on my knees.

Christmas. It's such a beautiful thing. To my family, to my mom actually, it's all about the pictures to prove in the future we had a good Christmas that year. My mom just also likes taking pictures of us, with other people that aren't just ourselves. When I mean ourselves, I mean Geoffrey and Camila.

So every year, we invite the Jaureguis –never miss a year–, my cousins and sometimes the Hernandez. The Hernandez sometimes cancel on us, telling my mom and dad they have other plans. Camila and I think it's because they know we can't take a picture without having an argument before one is taken.

We take several pictures, with several different poses. I can't complain, there are times when it's fun. Like last year, Geoffrey fell down the steps because he was trying to be cool in front of Lauren. He has a scar on his knee, and now, we laugh every time he wears shorts.

This year though, I'm not really feeling it. Because first of all, it's Orlando, we always take the pictures outside my house, which the sun is pointed directly too. Which means, I'm suffocating in this bright ass red Christmas sweater. I looked up at the sun, squinting my eyes at it as my hand was over my forehead to cover my eyes. I huffed at the sun, shaking my head as I went back to my original position. Anyway, the second reason I'm not really feeling this whole Christmas pictures thing, is because of Lauren. Yesterday marked a whole three months since she said what she said to me.

"You can't talk to me about being in a relationship when you've never been in one. And love? Yeah, talk about something you've never felt before to me...I'm sure we'll have a great conversation."

And it was just three weeks ago when I told her what I told her. Even though she's said a lot more things to me than that, I'm still stuck on that. It doesn't make sense. I don't need experience with love to talk about love.

Oh, and I also got grounded for walking out. My mom threatened to whoop my ass, and I actually preferred it, but my dad said a month of grounding would be better. I couldn't argue it, nor did I want to. I got home late, like really late, so late that everyone was already gone. Everyone knows how hispanics usually stay at someone's house past midnight, then past one and eventually past two.

Anyway, as punishment, my parents have me locked in now for the entire winter break. Not like it matter though, Dinah, Dorelys and Normani were out of town so...

When Lauren gets here I'm screwed.

"Love is patient, love is kind..." I said quietly, noticing Geoffrey sit right beside me. He had his headphones in, bobbing his head along to whatever song he was listening to. I let out a breath, then continued,"love means slowly losing your mind."

It was time. Everyone, except for one, was gathered in front of my house. We sat as families, except for the fact that my mom, dad and aunt were all trying to figure out the timer on the camera. I rested my head again in my palms, deciding not to get up and help them. If they needed help they would ask.

I glanced around, noticing all the Jaureguis sitting there quietly. Chris was on his phone, Taylor twirling a strand of her hair around her finger, Mike squinting his eyes, looking at my parents and aunt; probably thinking if he should help or not. And Clara, she stood up and made her way to help my parents and aunt. Mike seemed to relax after that, sitting back next to Chris. I hummed quietly, laughing quietly at the man, which somehow got her attention.