twenty: he left because of her

She was pacing. Back and forth.

I was beginning to get dizzy. I shook my head, mumbling a quiet "woah", feeling myself actually getting dizzy. There are times when getting dizzy is funny, but now, it isn't funny.

We were finally back home from church, after that very long service and most it was about Jesus. But it didn't make sense to me. If it was "Jesus's birthday" as they say it is, why are parents giving gifts to their kids? Why aren't they giving Jesus gifts? It is his birthday, that would make more sense. Didn't Abel give his best sheep to God? Shouldn't we do something like that for God's son? This is why I'm open to any religion, because I'm curious to see how they feel about Christmas.

Earlier, on our way to church, we had to take two cars and I volunteered to be in the car with my brother. He asked me if I was happy with my gifts, and I was. My parents got me a piano, for why? I don't have the slightest clue, but I was grateful for it. Camila got me new headphones, those expensive ones. And Geoffrey got me a key chain, and he said that it was a clue for the future. Even though it was just a key chain, it was the thought that counts, so I thanked him. Then, after church, he said he had to meet his coworkers to give them the gifts he had gotten them. My brother got a bonus on his last paycheck.

But that isn't the point. I had asked my brother why do people celebrate Jesus' birthday if they don't know when it is.

And he simply said,"Its December 25, Y/N."

I only shrugged, saying,"If it is, where in the Bible does it say that?"

My mother always told to keep my thoughts about religion to myself. She didn't mind that I was open to any religion, she didn't mind the questions I asked about Catholicism, Christianity, and all the other religions. She usually had answers to them. One day though, I said something similar to what I just said to Geoffrey in front of a group of people from our church, and she was pissed. Because the people at our church think I'm brainwashed and watch too much demonic stuff.

I'm getting sidetracked again.

Camila's pacing. Back and forth.

She's speaking now, but I'm not listening. Oops.

"...she used you."

I coughed, making her eyes focus on me."You're gonna have to start over," I said, a glare came my way as soon as I said that. I shrugged my shoulders, adding,"I wasn't paying attention."

"Take this seriously, Y/N!" She exclaimed, and I nodded my head with a serious expression on my face. She scoffed at me, shaking her head at me as she said,"Do you even know what you got yourself into?"

"Honestly," I started."I'm still in shock of the fact that you and Lauren know that I'm gay." I shrugged my shoulders, my eyes looking down at my sister's clenched fists.

"She used you, Y/N."

I frowned, not believing Lauren would do that anymore."She's not like that, Camila." I shook my head, the words falling out of my mouth but I wasn't so sure I believed them. I swallowed thickly, looking at her with my eyebrows connected with confusion.

"This all happened," Camila started, a humorless chuckle escaping her lips as she started pacing once again."and now she'll disappear, vanish, so she can forget it. Like she did with school..."

"She homeschooled." I said confusedly, watching her pace.

"She begged Clara and Mike to, saying that she was so close to smoking marijuana with a group of 'unholy' kids. That's when Mike and Clara 'forced' her to homeschool." Camila said, scoffing, glancing my way shortly when she said it. She threw her arms up in the air, continuing what she was saying before."Its like she loves ruining the most important people in my life lives. First my actual and first ever best friend," I was dizzy, confused and lost. Her first actual best friend?"and now my sister."