Chapter 8: Hangover

Theron’s POV

I walked back to my temporary home, hoping Peter wouldn’t be up. I quickly slipped inside and looked around. Peter was on the cot with a blanket over his face. Must have woken to a nasty hangover. I sighed and kicked his boot. “Wake up.” I said with my voice a little louder than normal.

I heard a muffled whine. “Turn of the light…” He mumbled from under the blanket. “And stop stomping around everywhere…”

I shook my head. “Peter, you’ve got a hangover. I’ll head to the village to see if I can get some medicine for you.”

“But it hurts… My head aches and my eyes feel like they’re being gouged out. He said pained.

“Fine fine. I’ll leave you be for now.” I said and walked to my cot. “Do you need water?”

“Water...I surprise my liver with that.” He laughed a little. “But yes that’d be fine.”

“You’re lucky the headmaster isn’t here. He’d be yelling in your face.” I said as I got up to go to the well outside. As I pumped the water out I looked back into the village. The dawn’s light was slowly lighting up the town. Market will soon be up and running. I should get medicine for Peter later...and skip the alcohol. I thought and walked back inside. I set the bucket down by Peter so it was easier for him to drink.

“It sounds like you brought a freaking ocean, Theron.” He groaned and took a drink out of the bucket and then retreated under the blankets again.

 “Just get some rest. That’s all we need today. We’re both fatigued. I’ll get some medicine when I’m able.” I said laying back on the cot. I had stared at the ceiling until I willed myself to sleep.