Chapter 9: Leap of Faith

Altair’s POV

Sleep wasn’t really an option when I reached home. I came to found Aaron passed out in front of the couch. The excitement was too much for him. I thought. Slowly I picked him up and took him to his room. Aaron was heavy for a guy who claims to never eat properly. I laid him on his bed and pulled the covers over him. Like him, his room was a complete and utter mess. I looked around the room and picked up the bottle of medicine he usually takes. Empty already? How long has it been? I shook my head and walked out with it. There goes my sleep tonight.

It was sunrise, barely anyone was out yet. The rush would begin in a few hours, so I decided to make the most of the quiet right now. I picked up a few of the herbs needed for the medicine and stepped out again into the chilling air that greeted me so wonderfully every time. Ahah no not really…

 As I walked out from the alleys, I couldn’t help but thinking about the man who was talking to Aaron. Theron was it? Oh yea, I think I’m the one with head problems. There was something about him I didn’t quite like, but I decided to keep it to myself for now. Maybe it had only been paranoia, so much had happened you couldn’t trust people. Leap of faith I guess…who listens to that malarky anyway…