Decisions, decisions Pt. II (Dark x Reader)

"No, there isn't another way. Technically, I should kill you too for causing this mess, but I can't do that. You are one of the very few people here I could never harm intentionally. Look, I have to leave. I have to handle this in its entirety NOW before there's some kind of investigation that begins. I don't like this. I don't want to do this, but you've left me with no choice. I have to." I wasn't nearly as scared as I was bitterly amazed. "I can't believe this. What kind of friend are you?" He looked at me. "I should be asking you that (y/n). I've never put you in harm's way...in fact I've taken you out of it more than anything else. Step aside." I refused. "You are making things more difficult than what they have to be." he said, flatly, looking me straight in the eyes. "I don't care." he breathed a sigh. I could see the hurt. He really didn't want to go out and do what he had to. "Just move (y/n). I'll make this all go away." "Make it all go away? Make my parents go away is more like it." He just stared at me, then closed his eyes and put his hand to his head. "Look, you knew about this whole thing from the getgo. Can I help that you failed me? Not even an hour ago you were here lying to me." "Excuse me?" I interjected. "You lied. You came and told me that we couldn't be friends anymore and refused to tell me why. Then you just fucked off. Once you realized you couldn't keep your secret because your parents let the cat out of the bag in arguably the worst way possible, you came and told me what was really going on. You should've told me from the getgo. Truth is, there IS another way to get things like this to go away...but you blew it by failing to diffuse the situation." I cocked my head. "If someone sees me but can't prove anything I don't HAVE to kill them. I have to watch them...make them think they're crazy...lie to them, something to make it go away. Once there's proof though...there's nothing I can do." "There was proof all along." "In this day and age, editing videos with special effects is a thing. You should have lied...but you didn't. You told them the truth and now we have this mess." "Are you blaming me?" He was silent. "Who else is there to blame? I'm wasting time here right now, I have to leave. I don't know what to tell you other than I'm sorry." he stepped around me, leaving me completely numb. I felt sick and defenseless. He was right, it was my fault. I caused the entire thing, but for some reason, hearing that upset me. The only thing I could think to do was call the police and play informant, but...that would just make a larger body count. I didn't want that. Hours passed and I could do nothing but stare at the wall. It hit me that I was still at Dark's but I didn't want to go home. What was there for me? Dead bodies? No thanks. I doubted I'd ever be able to live there again. Dark's not so anticipated return came with a look of detachment I'd never seen in him before. He just gave me the thousand yard stare. "Are you okay?" I asked quietly. He nodded without speaking. "So your'e...done?" He gave me the same response. "I'm sorry." I said, reaching out to touch him. He recoiled and glared at me. I was surprised, but I guessed I deserved it. "6 people (y/n). 2 of them were close to you. I am not happy." "I've never seen you regret a kill." I said. "It's not regret, it's just disappointment. Things should've never been this way. Just wait here." he said, disappearing. Everything felt so surreal I didn't know how to begin processing things. Dark came back in what felt like a few seconds. I didn't look at him, really I was too disgusted to talk to anyone or look at anyone. "(Y/N), my mom has offered to adopt you since she knows you don't have parents anymore." I was beyond taken aback. I wasn't even sure what to say. That's when it hit me. Dark, Mark, and now even Dark's mom, a lady I didn't even know did more for me than my parents ever did. Truth is, I lived with my grandparents for most of my life because my parents couldn't be bothered with me. We only had a relationship because they promised me they'd changed, and then they almost cost me my best friend. To say that I was happy about the situation would be a lie, but why bother getting so deeply involved with two people who really didn't much care for me? When Mark met them for the first time on Skype he was pretty appalled by  them. Everyone was. Bringing them back into my life was a mistake...and Dark rectified it in albeit a violent way, but a permanent way. "That's okay, Dark. I don't think I want to be your sister?" "And why would that be such a bad thing?" "Because I couldn't do this and feel right about it." I said, throwing my arms around him and giving him a long kiss. He seemed less than into it at first, but eventually kissed back. "You know I don't trust you like I used to, right?" he said. My heart sank. I knew it. "Yes. If you never want to speak to me again, I understand." "That's not it at all. I love you (y/n)...but I don't trust you right now. There's a lot of things that we have to do in order for me to trust you again...but for now, would you just hold me?" I smiled. "Hold you?" I asked. He had never asked me to 'hold' him before. I doubted he'd ever asked anyone to. "Yes. I'd like that. A lot." I outstretched my arms and let him tackle us onto the couch. I squeezed him tightly. "I'm so sorry." he shushed me. "I know you are. Move forward, not backward." He hugged me back tighly and licked my face. "Why are you licking me?" I laughed. "It's a demon thing." he said. "Really?" I asked. "Yes. It's endearing, it's a complimet." "Well, in that case..." I said, delicately licking his face. "Did I do it right?" "Close enough. Now shut up and enjoy the moment."