Chapter 8

Your POV

While I waited for everybody I decided to check my texts and social media.
"Surprise surprise. No notifications." The voice laughed. I felt its presence behind my left eye so I rubbed it to satisfy the irritating buzz it made.
"Who are you again?" I muttered. No reply. I continued to scroll through the endless line of posts from my "friends". One had a baby. One is getting married. My best friend from middle school just had her 25th birthday party and,of course,I wasn't invited.

I find it odd how,with some people,if they stop moving the world does too. And how everything seems to revolve around them. But then there's me. All my life I have been unimportant. When I was little I was excluded,when I was in middle school all I was was a disposable girl with good grades. In high-school my parents kicked me out and all my friends basically dropped me like a rock. Everybody except Samantha.

"Samantha!" I gasped. She always drops me off and picks me up from work and I haven't been there in two days! I quickly texted her.
Y/N: Hey
Samantha: OMG WHERE ARE U I HAVENT SEEN U IN ALMOST TWO DAYS
Y/N: I'm fine! Just having a hard time. It's a long story.
Samantha: girl,you better face time me RIGHT NOW.

Before I had time to reply she called and I tapped the green phone icon at the bottom of my phone. Her face popped up,her green eyes shining with worry. "Oh my gosh are you ok!?" She shouts. I roll my eyes and nod. We all the have the one White Girl friend and Samantha is mine. She isn't completely emotional and doesn't drink Starbucks every day but she tends to use language like "O.M.G." or "LOL" in conversations. Yes,it is annoying,but she's like a mother to me in a way.

"Girl,where are you?" She says in a slightly calmer tone.
"Ummmmmm I don't really kno-" I was cut off when the front door opened and the gang marched out.
"Who ya talking to?" Jack smiles,looking over my shoulder at the blonde haired girl on my screen.
"Oh shit he's cute." Samantha blurts. I close my eyes and inhale slowly at her stupidity. I feel Jack take my phone out of my hands and I turn to him. He's holding it really close to his face at an unflattering angle.
"Am I cute now?" He says in a weird voice. I hear Samantha giggle and I snatch my phone back.
"What's his name?" She says with an obvious blush on her face.
"Sean." I reply,rolling my eyes.
"Hi Sean!" She calls.
"That's Jack to you,young lady." Jack winks at Samantha over my shoulder.

"You guys ready to go?" Mark asks as Chica pulls him down the driveway.
"Go where?" Samantha asks.
"We're on our way to the park." I answer,about to end the conversation.
"Can I come?" She asks excitedly.
"Sure." I reply. Jack has a ridiculous grin on his face.
"Ok. I'll meet you there!" She giggled,hanging up.

When we arrived at the park Jack was still grinning. Samantha texted me along the way to meet her at the entrance so Mark and I found a bench to sit on. Felix and Marzia decided to go ahead and Wade found some stupid reason to stay behind. I felt Mark's hand rest on top of mine and I blushed. How does me manage to make me do that so often?

"You're so beautiful." He said. I smiled and looked at the ground. Mark turned my face gently towards him and kissed me sweetly.
"Are we interrupting something?" A familiar voice said. I broke the kiss and saw Jack and Samantha smiling at us. I jumped up and hugged her,"Girl,I missed you so much! You worried me to death!" She laughed. When I finally released her her green eyes sparkled with....what was that? Sadness? Joy?

"Are you ladies ready to go?" Mark said,formally putting his arm through mine. Jack copied him with Samantha and they both blushed.
"The ship has sailed." I whispered to Samantha as we entered the park. She gave me a death glare and smiled sweetly at Sean.

I don't know how long we were walking but by the time we left the stars were in the sky. Jack and Samantha exchanged phone numbers and we all began walking home. Well,me and Mark did. Jack insisted on walking Samantha home and,of course,she let him.

"They're so cute together." Mark smiled,reading my mind. I nodded and squeezed his hand. We went left instead of right at the corner and I looked at Mark curiously. He shrugged and a devious smile spread across his face.

Mark's POV

We walked for about 15 more minutes before we arrived. I lead Y/N up the hill that was just behind the park. It's time. I've wanted to ask her this since the day I met her so here goes nothing.

"Y/N," I said,pausing for a moment. I had practiced it so many times,why was it so hard?,"I-I don't know what we are..." Great. Nice stuttering big guy "But...I...I wanted to ask you..." Mark come on what the heck,say it.
"Yes?" Y/N said in a concerned voice.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" I blurted. Real smooth,Mark. Real smooth.

Y/N's eyes teared up and,for a moment,I thought she would say no.
"O-of course,Mark!" She exclaimed,tears falling from her eyes. I cupped her face in my hands and wiped them away. I took a moment to look at her. My girlfriend. She seems even more beautiful now that she's mine. I leaned in and kissed her soft lips gently. The fireworks were still there,just as I hoped they always would be.

When I broke the kiss we laid down on the grass,side by side,and looked at the stars. No words were said but,somehow,I just knew.

I knew she was made for me.