Chapter 16

Y/N's POV

Have you ever been so panicked,so scared,so stressed,that all you can do is smile? What's scary is that the smile isn't even fake. You just feel like you've finally been driven insane and it's just hilarious. You feel absolutely nothing at all or,maybe,you even feel happy.

That's how I am right now. After weeks and weeks of hiding my pregnancy from Mark,I've just been driven insane from worrying about it. Is it a big deal? Yes but no. Should I be going through all this trouble of worrying to tell him? Yeah that's for sure a big no.

"Ok,5:30 sounds good. What do you wanna do until then?" Mark replies over the phone. What do I want to do? Well,for one,I want to get this over with,but I'm ignorantly putting it off for four more hours.
"Kinda craving ice cream." I tell him. I've been eating like a monster lately,whether because of stress or pregnancy I have no idea.

"Me too. I'll meet you outside the house in 10." He says.
"Okie dokie. See you soon."
"Ok,love you. Bye."
"Bye." I hang up and my music starts back. Our house is right around the corner so Chica and I take our time.

As we walk down the sidewalk I observe the people around me. People Watching has always been one of my favorite games,it gives me a chance to let my dark and dirty side show through. I see a man across the street at a bus stop wearing a suit and tie. He could be on the way to meet his girlfriend or boyfriend for a date,or maybe he just got off work or worse,lost his job.

A little boy of about five years old walk past me holding hands with who I assume is his mom. He has scraped knees and bruised elbows,like all little kids do. The mother has a stern look on her face as she stares straight ahead and the first thing I notice about her face is a bruise on her right eye. I could make assumptions as to what happened there but I won't.

We get closer to the house and I see a man with dark,raven colored hair sitting on the front step with a red v-neck t-shirt on. I smile to myself as I wonder about his past.
"Hey,Y/N!" He says,standing up and flashing his million-dollar smile at me. I go up to him and hug him before looking into his deep,brown eyes. The eyes that hold so many secrets that I may never know,and so many thoughts that I don't understand. All my stress and worries seem to melt away. I could stare into those eyes forever.

"Ready to go?" Mark asks as he takes my hand in his,the one that wants holding Chica's leash. I grin and nod,too lost in my thoughts to reply with actual words. Mark,Chica,and I walk down the street into town. All together,one family.
Not to mention one more member of the family. Our child.

We all walk in silence. The only sounds are the distant talk of other people,and the humming of cars that drive by from time to time. I feel Mark's hand in mine,our fingers intertwine. At the moment I was completely content.

I wouldn't trade this moment for anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys,player here.

Sorry for the short chapter. I was at a stopping point and just thought "Eh why the hell not." And posted it. You're welcome.