Decipher (xSpy)

+Author's note

Requested by Astrid4242!
Sorry for the slow updates, But I'm not going anywhere loves! Don't you worry!

The soft claps of footsteps smoothly made their way over the marble floor.

The Frenchman looked up, surely the library lived up to it's reputation.

Standing strong since the times of their forfathers, the Austrian library stood silent but grandly. The aged wood darkened with centeries, the dim and noble lights shined above, illuminating the baroque paintings of angels and other holy beings.

The high ceilings were almost unfathomably tall, and the books that sat neatly in their shelves looked almost eager for a wandering scholar to come and study it's contents.

The scent of honey and aged paper filled Spy's nose as he walked down the marble halls, many others doing the same as they continued their search to quench their thirst for knowledge.

And in the center of it all, stood a desk, no doubt as old as the library itself; dark mahogony with carved figures decorated the wooden furniture, and piles of books, paper and lamps stood on the desk.

Behind it, sat a man with whitened hair and a set of reading glasses perched on his nose. His brows were furrowed in concentration, no doubt over some documents of course.

Spy walked up calmly and cleared his throat, catching the old man's attention.

"Excusez-moi, but I require some assistance in finding a paticular book"

The old man stared at the Frenchman with a frown, and spoke in a low voice towards someone besides him.

"Ez egy beszél angolul"

A rustle of parchments was heard, and a tired girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes came up, drapped with shawls and scarves; rubbing her fingerless gloves together, as if she was trying to chase the cold from them as she muttered to herself.

"Olyan hideg..!"

She turned her attention to the Frenchman.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

Spy nodded, and gave her a small smile.

"Yes, I am looking for somezhing"

The girl gave a small sigh and rolled her eyes, and spoke as if her words was carefully memorized and recited on a daily basis.

"Here at the Austrian national library, we have an estimated amount of 7.4 million books, maps, posters and Broadsheets which have been carefully catagorized by their respectful subjects. Since we have more than several archives, it would be most helpful if you could be more specific"

The old man gave a small click of his tongue, muttering under his breath.

"Az emberek manapság.. jön anélkül, hogy tudnánk, mit akarnak..."

Spy raised an eyebrow and stared into the girl's eyes.

"A book on history"

The girl gave a skeptical look, hinting that she would need more.

"Of women"

The girl gave a tired look. The last thing she needed was another tourist who wants to poke around, acting as if they were a scholar of some sort.

Nonetheless, she had a job to do.

"Right this way please"

Spy strolled right after her, a look of amusement on his face.