Chapter 9

Starr POV

King stood there with an angry expression. He stared at me like he could just through me off that damn balcony.

"So you really thought the shit was gone work! You're sadly mistaken." I laughed.

"Naw the only mistake I made was telling yo ass!" He yelled. Yelp that hurt me bad. I thought King loved and trusted me. I guess when niggas get mad the truth comes out.

"Mane you ain't gone talk to me like that. This dumb ass plan wasn't gone work." I said calmly. My friends still looked shocked at the fact he was alive.

"It's been working this long until I told yo ass!" He snapped.

"Homie I can't let you talk to my mama like that. If you gone disrespect her we can just leave and forget you even existed. It'll be like you dead to us." Kyrie snapped.

"King why you couldn't tell us?! Why you couldn't tell me at the least?! I'm your cousin." Des sounded hurt.

"I'm sorry Des. I couldn't be known by nobody." He said.

"We wouldn't have told. You had us looking like some fools at a funeral you wasn't even at!" Ray snapped.

"Crying over a body we never saw!" Caleb said.

"I don't even know you but I know that's low down." Robin shook her head.

"And I ain't getting no abortion. If you don't want my child then so be it." I said calmly.

"You told my mama to get an abortion?" Kyrie's face turned red.

"Come on Kyrie. Lets go back to our crib. I'm not feeling this Christmas." I admitted.

We all walked out the room including King. He grabbed hold to my hand and everyone kept walking down the stairs.

"So we rocking like this now?" He whispered.

"You tell me. You the one that just went off on my ass talking about how you can't trust me. If you can't trust me that much let me go." I said looking down at our still connected hands.

"Starr just hear me out. I was just scared of telling any of y'all because I knew it would bring a lot of stress like it is now."

"It was more stress when we thought you were dead." I frowned.

"And if you keep that baby it won't bring nothing but trouble. They will find out about me and this house. And it's gone be some serious trouble for me. And when my ass get locked up they Mexicans gone come for you and my kids and kill y'all just to send it as a message to me. Now Starr I can't have that. So the best thing to do is get rid of it." He said with a straight face.

I can't believe King. He will put his job in front of his family. This ain't even the best friend I remember. I always came first before any hoe, job, or money. Simply because he had love for me. Maybe that love isn't as strong.

"I'm not getting rid of anything." I snatched away from him.

"Starr!" He yelled as I walked down the stairs.

"Merry Christmas!" I yelled back. I reached downstairs and saw everyone sitting there in complete silence.

"Now who wants to come to my house for a little Christmas party?" I asked. I noticed Des was crying. Ray just held his face in his hands. Caleb looked angry and Robin showed no expression.

"I'm not even in the Christmas spirit anymore. Come on Ray lets go home." Des stood up with Ray and left out.

"All of this is sick." Robin shook her head.

"Go home I'm going to Starr's house to make sure she's okay." Caleb ordered. Robin got up and left out.

Kyrie POV

I sat by the fireplace watching as Caleb took my mom's hand and lead her outside. I followed. This is by far the worst Christmas ever all because of my daddy.

"You don't have to come." She told Caleb.

"You look like you need a friend." Caleb stroked her hair. She just melted by his touch and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Don't you think you're to close?" I looked at Caleb.

"Sorry lil man." He laughed and pulled away from ma.

"Come on Ky. Lets go home." She said. We all got in the car and drive off towards our home. The whole ride I just stared at Caleb. I don't like the fact that he left his fiancé to be with my mama. My mama don't want him! She want my dad they just in a heated situation right now.

"Kyrie I hope we didn't ruin your Christmas." Ma said. I wanted to laugh out and say 'hell, y'all killed my Christmas and danced on the mutherfukn spirit' but I decided against it.

"Naw it's still a good Christmas as long as I got you." I told her. She smiled widely.

"See if I ever have a son I want him to be like Kyrie because he is not easily broken." Caleb said. I do get hurt but I learn to not get hurt as bad. While my dead was so called dead I had to be the man of the house. So therefore I had to grow some responsibility.

I was the one that had to hold my mama at night as she cried herself to sleep. I'm the one that was left to defend myself from thugs in the street. I didn't have a daddy to help me. I learn on my own! Do you know how it feels to watch your mom wake up in the middle of the night crying out your father's name?! Hell naw cause most of these kids got it easy. I don't!

Ain't no way I'm gone gave a normal life when my parents are the notorious Starr and King. You wouldn't even understand how it feels for you and your mom to walk in a store and they want to snap pictures of you and some even held their purses tighter.

"I'm tired." Was all I said. She looked at me through the rear view mirror.

"Want me to teach you how I hit my home runs in all my games?" Caleb asked. What is he trying to do? I'm not his son and he not my dad so why do we need to bond?

"Naw. I don't like baseball." I lied. Mom knew I was lying because she gave me a funny look in the mirror. But she didn't say anything.

"How can you hate baseball?" Caleb laughed.

"It's just not my sport. I rather lay up with Brittany all day." I said.

"I told you I don't like you hanging around that lil fast ass girl." Ma snapped. I hit her on the arm.

"You just won't learn to stop cursing." I smirked at her. She just smirked and shook her head.

--------

I know it's pointless but keep reading and go check out my new book Broken Wing

Vote and comment what you think

RandomQuestion: Whats your fave movie??