Chapter 18

Starr POV

I don't know where Ray went but I'm on my way back home. I got in my car and swerved off.

I turned my radio up and nodded my head to August Alsina Numb. I actually met him one day when I went to New Orleans for vacation.

I looked in my rear view mirror and saw two police cars behind me with flashy lights.

"Shit."

I pulled over and hid my gun in my clove department and put it in a hole under my seat.

I watched as the two men got out their car. They said something to each other before they walked over to my car. I rolled my window down.

"Hello officers? Is there anything I can help you with?" I tried to say with a smile.

"Starr Monroe?" The light skinned man asked.

"Yea." I slightly frowned.

"Step out your car ma'am." He ordered. I got out and they stared at my huge belly.

"What's the problem?!" I asked.

"You are under arrest for the murder of your boyfriend King Jackson." He said turning me around and cuffing me up.

"You can't be fucking serious! That was like 9 or 7 years ago! I had nothing to do with that!" I yelled. All they did was read me my rights and pushed me in the back of the police car like I was an animal.

Now if they hurt my babies I swear I'm gone sue the state of California! It's gone be like the Rodney King case! Play with it.

"Officer please. Do you think I would kill my son's father?!" I snapped.

"Shut up!" He yelled at me.

I sat quietly in the backseat. We arrived at the police station and the other officer opened my door.

"Come on Ms." He ordered. I stepped out as the sun hit my body. We walked in and they sat me down as they signed me in.

"You get two calls." The officer said. I rolled my eyes and picked up the phone. I dialed the first number that came to my mind. Des.

"Hello?" She said with confusion in her voice.

"Des it's Starr. They got me in jail for King's murder." I whispered yelled.

"He ain't even dead!"

"We know that but they don't!" I panicked.

"Omg we got to get you out!" She said.

"Call the others. I don't have long so bye." I said while hanging up.

I dialed the next number I could think of. Kyrie.

"Who this?" He answered.

"This mommy." I started to cry. I never thought I would have to talk to my son from jail.

"Are you crying?"

"I'm in jail. They arrested me and accused me of killing King." I said. It was quiet on the other line.

"Okay now I need you to be strong. And tell Brandon." I said King's real name because the cops are standing around. And they are unfamiliar with his real name.

"I got you ma. I promise we gone get you out." Kyrie said. I love my son to death.

"I love you baby." I said letting more tears fall.

"I love you too ma." He said then hung up. I hung the phone up and turned to the officers.

"I'm pregnant with twins. Why would you do me like this?" I simply asked.

"A woman by the name of Robin Grey called in and said she knew what happened that night. So we did some research and you were the only one there with him." An officer said.

"The fuck?! I was at my graduation after party! Our friend Ray called and told me some Mexicans caught him slipping." I snapped.

I refuse to do hard time and he ain't even dead! I am in a lose lose situation!

If I tell the truth, King goes to jail. If I don't say anything I stay in jail. I just can't win for losing.

"Come on baby girl. I got a nice cozy place you can stay." The officer grabbed my arm roughly and walked me down a long hallway of cells. There were women in some. I got to the last cell.

"Here you go sweetheart. Nice and cozy." He pushed me into the cold cell roughly.

"I want my lawyer here first thing in the morning! I'm gone sue this town for all it has!" I guaranteed him. I stomped over to the bed and sat on it.

I'm gone kill Robin ass and that's on my parent's grave!

"I know you." I heard a voice. I looked up and saw a girl across the hall in another cell.

She looked like she was 18 or under. She reminded me of a younger me. She was tall and beautiful. She looked mixed like me. She had long gold hair like I used to have in high school. She had those hazel eyes like me. She even was tatted like me.

"Who are you?" I slightly frowned.

"Honey." She simply said.

"You remind me of someone, Honey."

"You?" She asked. I slightly frowned.

"Yea."

"I always wanted to be like you Starr. You are a grown ass woman that be on your shit. I want to be just like you." She slightly smiled.

Okay that warmed my heart and all but I'm no role model. I'm far from that. I wouldn't encourage no teenage girl to follow my footsteps.

"No. You should want to be better than me." I smiled at her.

"You're as good as it gets." She smiled back. This girl just won't stop.

"What are you in here for?" I tried changing the subject.

"Me and my boyfriend were fighting and they just decided to pick both of us up." She said.

"You should never let a man put his hands on you. No matter how mad he is!" I protested.

"I know but you wouldn't understand. What are you in for?" She asked.

"They accused me for murdering my son's father." I said so casually.

"King?" The girl frowned.

"Yea. If only they knew." Was all I said.

"I understand you Starr. The LAPD are nothing but some foul muthafuckas." She shook her head.

I lied back on my bed and stared at the bottom of the bunk on top of me. This shit can't be real. I swear when I get hold to Robin I'm gone choke her ass till she cough up her fucking tonsils. And you can bet on that.

-------

Comment