Chapter 30

Lets stay together

Can we agree to disagree

Lets stay together

Don't do it for the kids do it for me

Lets stay together

I'm tired of all this making up and breaking up

Lets stay together

Des POV

~4 Months Later~

I walked into my job and signed in at the front desk.

"Girl I thought you would never come in." Maria giggled from her computer behind the desk.

"Girl I had a meeting with my lawyer. The divorce is final." I smiled.

"That shit ain't right Des. You should have beat that bitch the minute you found out. Now she walking around with a big ass belly." Maria said while shaking her head.

"Fuck that bitch. I ain't got my ass on her nor Ray." I gave her a friendly smile and strutted to the back.

"Hello everyone." I said to all the nurses walking around. They all said their hellos.

I walked into a room where a patient was and changed their sheets.

"Stop peeing on yourself Ms. Rosie and call us next time you have to use it." I told the old lady on the bed.

"Yes nurse Mitchell." She said referring to Ray's last name.

"You can call me nurse Jackson." I smiled politely and walked out.

"Desiree, Doctor Parker wants to talk to you." One of the new nurses called from down the hall. I sighed. What do this man want now?! He always think I'm screwing shit up when it be these other bitches in here!

"Yes?" I peeped through the crack in his door.

"Sit." He nodded towards the chair in front of his desk. I walked in and sat down.

Now Mr. Parker is no ordinary doctor. This man has no wife, no kids. Just money and a house! He be on his shit! He stood about 6'1. He had this brown smooth skin. His dark brown eyes were nice looking. He had these sexy waves. I don't know why I ain't been fucked this mane!

"Are you listening nurse Mitchell?" He wore this confused face.

"Sir?" I asked kind of embarrassed at how I was staring at him. He actually got my panties sort of soaked. I crossed my legs to let him know he really set me off.

He licked those big pink lips and curved his lips into a smirk.

"I said can you work two shifts? One fore you and one for Tonya since she is going to be out a lot." Doctor Parker said.

See that's where he's wrong. I'm not doing shit for Tonya. I actually have a life also! Fuck I look like working two shifts?!

"Hell no!" I said straight up. Right about now I don't care about being fired. He know my situation with that girl! Hell, everybody in this place know my situation.

"I understand you two are on bad terms but-"

"I said no." I said more sternly to let him know I wasn't playing. He studied my face as if I was the answer key to a test.

"Not even for extra pay?" He shrugged.

"No sir. Right now I don't even want to be put in the same sentence with that girl." I smiled politely.