Chapter 33

King POV

I want to do it big for Starr when she comes home. I'm gone propose to her all over again. I'm gone lay that shit out nice for her too.

"Nigga is you listening?" Ray snapped.

"What nigga?" I frowned as we walked into the jewelry store.

"I stopped by Des's crib sometime last week and Caleb was there." He frowned.

"So!" I shrugged.

"I bet she fucking that nigga." He nodded assuringly.

"Nigga I don't give a fuck. Y'all divorced anyway." I eyed this 10 karat diamond ring. Fuck that. Starr is worth way more than that.

"Customize that hoe." Ray suggested. Honestly that ain't a bad idea.

"How may I help you?" This small lady walked over across the glass floors.

"I want a customized 20 karat gold diamond ring." I smirked. That shit gone look player on her.

Caleb POV

I woke up in a unfamiliar room. All white walls, the rug was white, the king sized bed was white. I found a naked, sleeping Des next to me.

"Desiree." I whispered in her ear.

She squirmed a little in her sleep and mumbled something. If I can remember clearly, we fucked good last night. We got it in on the staircase, couch, hallway, and the bedroom. And my dumb ass did all that without a condom.

"Des get up. I'm about to go." I whispered in her ear. She batted her eyes a few times before opening them fully. A smirk formed upon her lips.

"I had fun last night." She said. I pushed her hair out her face and kissed her forehead.

"Keep up the good work." I told her.

I rolled out the bed and put my clothes back on. I saw her clothes scattered all over the floor.

"When you going back to Boston?" She sat up with the sheets over her bare body.

"Probably after the party tonight." I shrugged. She wore a confused face.

"What party?" She asked.

"King throwing Starr a welcome home party. I heard shit supposed to get real tonight." I laughed to myself at the thought of Starr being a wife.

I know what you probably thinking. Yes I used to go with Starr and I fucked her best friend last night. But this is what you don't know, they both are still my friends.

"Oh well. Lock the door behind you." Was all she said.

I left out the room and took the long staircase to the bottom floor. I locked up before I left out.

Des POV

I got up and showered. I put on my purple scrubs and put my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my things and got in my car. I turned my music up and swerved off to work.

I can't believe I slept with Caleb. That shit is really just hitting me now. Not once but twice. The first time Ray dropped by murdering the vibe. But a small part of me is happy he still comes over.

And another part of me wants to get my shit together so I won't be so reckless. I'm looking at all these cars in the hospitals parking lot and there is no way I'm taking a break today.

I stepped out and went in to the third floor. I passed Mr. Parker's office and clocked in.

"Nurse Jackson." He called. I mentally rolled my eyes and walked into his office. There I saw Tonya sitting there with a round belly. My heart instantly dropped. I never really saw her since she got pregnant. Knowing that's Ray's kid makes me want to drop kick her ass!