Chapter 27

King POV

We scrolled through the hood in my new Dodge Charger. I pulled up and sat across the street from my old trap house.

Niggas damn near having a picnic at my shit. They got card games going on. Niggas barbecuing. Niggas even smoking that loud on my fucking property. This shit finna make me lose my mind.

"What you think we should do about this shit, b." Ray said shaking his head at the shit going on around us.

"I'm two blunts away from blowing this shit up my damn self!" I said through gritted teeth. Fuck they thought this was?! The fucking park?!

"Naw nigga. You don't want to go to prison. You just did some foul shit. You lucky the LAPD dirty asses ain't lock you up for that." Ray said.

That's why I keep Ray on my team. That nigga always keep me from doing some dumb shit.

"Aite. I'm gone swing by tomorrow." I said while staring at the dude sitting on top of the Benz in the grass. He looked like he was king of this shit. Maybe that's Bo Dee.

"Is that the nigga that's running my streets?" I asked Ray while pointing to the tall muscular dude on the drop top Benz.

"Yea. From what I heard he all about business. That nigga ain't scared of shit!" Ray said. He said some more too but I drowned him out.

My attention is on this wanna be me.

"Well he about to feel the wrath of a menace." I swerved off like a wild person.

*

*

*

*

Starr POV

"Sup Slim." I slid onto the stool at the bar.

"Nigga they actually freed your jail bird ass?" He laughed.

"Fuck you! Where Libby and Gia?" I looked around.

"They said they was going for a food run." He said.

"Food run?!" I twisted my face.

Before he could say anything the door burst open. Libby and Gia walked in with McDonald's bags.

"Well hello jail bird." Libby ran over to me and hugged me with all her might.

"Damn Lib. You gone hurt me." I pushed her off.

"So is it true?"Gia sat beside me on another stool.

"Is what true?" I asked totally lost.

"Is King alive?" She asked me.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. I really don't feel like explaining this to them.

"Yea." I finally said. They all nodded understandingly.

"Fat ass." Libby laughed and pointed at my stomach.

"Shut up! You know how sensitive pregnant people are!" Gia snapped.

"Both of y'all need to shut up." Slim mumbled.

"Y'all are some characters. Yo I'm out." I threw my deuces up to them before leaving. Soon as I walked out I bumped into someone and thank god for balance.

"Sorry." The hooded girl got off the grown and dusted herself off.

"Don't be sorry. Be careful." I snapped. The hooded girl took her hood off and I saw it was Honey.

"Honey?" I said.

"Yo wassup girl." She hugged me like we were long lost sisters.

"Hey! When you got out?" I asked.

"Like this morning. They let my boyfriend go too." She said excitedly.

"Boyfriend? Y'all still together even though y'all got each other locked up?" I frowned.

"Well if its true love NOTHING can split you." She said before giving me a genuine smile and walking off. I kept walking to my car and hopped in. I feel sick to my fucking stomach.

Des POV

I pulled up to my crib and saw Ray sitting out front watching the kids in our gated community.

"Wassup." He said.

"What you been up to?" I sat right next to him.

"Shit nothing. Your parents worrying the hell out of me. King came out the closet. Starr out. Life can't be no better." He sounded so sarcastically.

"I sense there is a problem." I frowned.

"There is a big fucking problem and it's in Tonya's stomach." He said.

It took everything me not to jump on Ray and choke his ass.

"What?" I said shaky.

"Yea. She kept the baby." He said as if it was nothing.

Words couldn't even explain how hurt I was. My husband won't even have a baby with me but he go around bumping and grinding with other hoes. Then they be the ones to end up pregnant.

I simply stood up off the porch and walked towards the door. Ray grabbed my hand.

"Come on Des. Don't be like that." He said.

"Don't be like that?! Is you fucking crazy?! Let me the fuck go! I snatched away and stormed in the house.