Chapter 25

King POV

They all stared at me as if I had a sign on my forehead.

"What the fuck y'all waiting on. Arrest my ass. Yea I faked my death but it was for my family's sake. Just tell me how long I got." I said.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder and turn me around. I saw a white officer with a confused look. Its like everybody in the place just froze and stared at me.

"The notorious King." He smirked and shook his head.

"Yea it's me homie." I said.

"I got every rights to arrest your black ass and burn the key but I won't." He said.

"Why not?" I asked confused. Another black officer stepped up and whispered something to the white officer. The white officer took one last mug at me before leaving. The black officer nodded his head towards a room for me to follow him.

Once we got in I noticed it was an interrogation room. The big ass two sided mirror was on the wall. A small table with two chair at it stood in the middle of the floor.

I took a seat as he sat up a camera to record our conversation.

"Brandon Jackson. Am I right?" He sat across from me.

"Yea that's me." I said calmly.

"So why'd you do it?" He cut straight to the chase.

"I told you I did it for my family's sake." I said.

He tapped his pen on the desk and studied my face.

"Why you just won't arrest me? Y'all wanna do it anyway." I shrugged.

"How about you only talk when you're being spoken to." He said sternly. I shrugged. I'm really not in the mood for this toughening up process. Just show me to my cell.

"So why would you put your family in danger King? Starr is a beautiful lady. You got a great son. Why would you put all of that in jeopardy?" He said.

"It's a long story dude. I got in trouble with some Mexicans and they wanted me. So they caught me slipping one day and shot me. I wasn't dead though. But I decided to play dead because they would only go after Starr and Kyrie next." I shrugged.

Once again he stared at me like he hated my guts.

"So you let your son's mother go to jail for the murder of you and you're not even dead?!" He sounded disgusted with my acts.

"That's the only way I thought about turning myself in. Then when my son asked me to go somewhere with him I had to say no. Simply because I'm in hiding. This shit getting old now man. I just want a break." I put my head down on the table.

"King." He called my name. I sat up and looked at him.

"Yea?"

"You a free to go. You didn't cause police resources to be misused. But you could be sued for pain and suffering." He said with a slight smirk. It's like a whole new door opened up for me.

"So you mean I can walk down the sidewalk now?" I asked in disbelief.

"Heck yea. You haven't been seen in 7 years. Thats enough punishment." The officer laughed. I stood up and shook his hand.

"You just don't know what this means." I said excitedly.

"Stay out of shit King. treat your lady right. And be a good role model for your son." The officer said.

"I promise I'm changing. I don't ever want to go through that again." I admitted. He turned the camera off and gave me one last handshake before I left.

Damn. I feel like I just got released from prison.

Starr POV

Kyrie and I shopped our asses off and finally got tired. We sat at Apple Bees eating steak.

"So you really think I'm about to let you squeeze your big head in my beanie?" Kyrie laughed.

"Yes! I always give you things." I laughed.

My phone started ringing. I pulled it out my purse and saw King picture.

"Yea?" I answered.

"Where y'all at?" He asked.

"Apple Bees." I said dryly.

"Oh okay then. Bye." He hung up.

Why the fuck did he even call? He trying to track us down and shit.

"That must was daddy?" Kyrie said.

"Yea how you know?"

"I can tell by the disgusting look you had once you got off the phone." He laughed.

I scooted the table more to his side because my fat ass belly was too big.

"You straight?" He asked.

"Yea I just need room." I said.

He just smiled at me. The kind of smile that says I'm just so grateful to have you in my life.

"Why you looking at me like that?" I asked while sipping my tea.

"I wouldn't trade my parents in for nothing in the world. Y'all crazy but y'all care for me so much and I love that." He said. I let a single tear fall.

"Aww I love you Kyrie." I smiled.

"I love y-"

He stopped talking and looked past me. He had a terrified look on his face as if he seen a ghost.

"Baby what you see?" I asked almost scared to turn around.

"Daddy." He mumbled.

I turned around quickly and saw King standing there. No disguise. Only a bouquet of roses. I dashed over to him.

"Baby what are you doing?" I whispered yelled to him as people stared and whispered.

"I'm being with my family." He said.

"Baby please go back home. Don't do this to yourself." I begged.

"Baby it's over. I can quit this pretend life. I can finally come out in the open." He smiled that beautiful smile I missed seeing.

"What?" I asked kind of confused.

"I turned myself in to the police and they said I did nothing wrong. It's over." He smiled. I never noticed Kyrie standing next to me with a huge smile on his face.

I jumped up in King's arms like we used to do back in high school.

"I'm gone finally marry you and we gone live this shit to the fullest." He mumbled in my ear. I couldn't stop the tears going down my eyes.

This day keeps getting better