Target 9: Teacher Trouble

As Tsuna belatedly found out, his seatmate was Ienari, Gokudera was behind him, and Yamamoto was a seat in front of Ienari. It was in an odd parallelogram, and he could do without the silverette trying to glare holes into his back.

Why was Gokudera doing that? He haven't a clue. But this is the young Storm so he expected no less of the hostile treatment.

What Tsuna did find a bit surprising, though, was the fact that Dokuro Chrome is across the room, sitting quietly with Sasagawa and Kurokawa sandwiching her.

Dokuro didn't seem the least bit happen happy being in school, nor the least bit comfortable with talking to others in seems.    

Tsuna watched as his half-Mist fidgeted, opening her mouth to say something, but only to close it again when nothing came out.

He sighed and put down that paper that he has been reading. "Chrome, is there something wrong?"

The female Mist jumped and smiled awkwardly. "Um... yes - actually... not really?"

Tsuna raised a brow. He knew that the Mist user is socially awkward, but he was pretty sure Chrome had came out of her shell by now... at least it was better than when when were in middle school.

"I don't think it's 'not really' when you're standing in my office for the last ten minutes," Tsuna remarked, somewhat amused as he rest his chin on the back of his laced hands. "Chrome, you can tell me anything y'know. We're family so whatever problem it is, I'll do my best to help."

"... okay." Chrome smiled, looking more than a bit guilty for reasons unknown to Tsuna. "So - um... you see, I - I couldn't g-get you a present in time haha... so um I'm here early to wish you... a h-happy birthday! I promise I'll get you a present soon!"

"..."

"Boss...?"

Tsuna discreetly looked at his calendar and saw that it was, indeed, his birthday.

"...oh." He had actually been too focus on his work and on finding a present that would satisfy Reborn that he had completely forgotten his own... like all the other times. 

"... you forgot it again, didn't you." Chrome deadpanned, turning the completely opposite of how she was a few seconds ago.

"Yeah..."

Chrome pulled out the custom-made phone exclusive only to Vongola Decimo and his guardians. "To think we were going to have everyone gathered to have a nice family dinner like you wanted..."

"Wait, Chrome, what are you -"

"Oh nothing~"

"C-Chrome? Chrome. Chrome! CHROME! I'M FINE WITH JUST A DINNER!"

For once since Tsuna had been Vongola Decimo, he was desperate as he watched the Mist disappear with a laugh that eerily resembled her counterpart.  

"Ah... they're going to kill me for sure."

He had to quickly push his mind out to prevent himself from seeing too deep (He has reached his trip-down-bloody-memory-lane quota for today, and one more would just be all it takes for his flames to run rampant. Now, that, is something he did not want to happen again). He decided to just pay attention to class for once.

... But when his teacher was Nezu boasting about his elitist background (seriously, did no one expose his secrets in this world?), which wasted time instead of him actually teaching them anything relatively useful, Tsuna found himself staring off to the sky - the latter being as clear and endless as ever.