Target 31: The Answer to Life

[Location: Italy]

Cavallone Dino stood by the bed that rest one Vongola Nono, brows furrowed in concern at the sight of the ever-fragile elderly mafia don. The latter's condition has been getting worse as or late, that he knew, but he wasn't sure if he want to know how worse Nono has gotten.

"Dino..." Nono said weakly - too weak to his liking. The blonde carefully watch the up and down motion of the elder man's chest, dreading the time that it will completely stop. "Thank you..."

"The Cavallones have been Vongola's allies since the Founders' time." Dino answered softly, his fist clenched tightly. "There's no need for these things. I will try my best to protect Vongola for as long as necessary."

Nono looked towards the ceiling, eyes closing for several long moments in thought. "How is Xanxus?"

"He's fine," Dino allowed himself a small chuckle. "He's being quite considerate nowadays. Perhaps it's because he doesn't want to cause any unnecessary trouble for you as of now."

"He's a good child." Nono sighed deep and long. "If only..."

"Don't say that," Dino frowned slightly. "Xanxus has accepted the fact that he couldn't become your heir. But the Varia, as of now, is probably the only reason Vongola haven't taken the plunge."

"But he has still not approved of Ienari, has he?"

"..."

Vongola Nono looked towards the Cavalleno Don with eyes that already knew the answer. "I think... we might need to host it soon."

Dino blinked before his eyes slowly widened in realization of what the other was implying. "Nono... he's still -"

"I understand that," Nono cut off and closed his eyes again, but in resignation. "But I don't think we have the luxury of time anymore."

"You can still get better!" The blonde argued. "We just need to -"

The elder mafia boss shook his head and wasn't willing to say any more on the subject. "Please, inform everyone."

"..." Dino sagged his shoulders helplessly, knowing what was to come but quite frankly, he was every bit against it. Although hes Family were one of the closest allies of Vongola, he was still an outsider in the end. He didn't have the power to change Nono's decision. However, both of them knew that the heir was still young, and hasn't been shaped into the role of a leader yet. But what other choice do they have? As of now, only a miracle could turn the fate of Vongola around.

"Alright."

..................................

[Location: Japan]  

Tsuna turned on his laptop and immediately logged into Skype after they got back home. Seeing the green dot next to the person he was looking for, he went straight for a video-call.

Enma was sitting on the floor behind him, having been invited to stay at the Sawada household by Tsuna (Nana was more than happy to allow a friend of Tsuna's to sleepover... for an indefinite amount of time), playing with Natsu. The lion cub had missed Enma very much and had been waiting for the right moment to ask Tsuna for permission to come out.

"Gao!"

"Happy to see you too, Natsu," Enma chuckled as the Sky lion licked his face.

"TSU-CHAN~!" came Byakuran's childish voice that had the redhead thrown for a loop upon hearing it.

"... No." Enma entered into a state of denial when he saw the person on the other end of the video call because a kid Byakuran was not a good thing. Heck, a normal adult Byakuran was bad enough and now, there's a kid. "No."