Target 11: Nightmares

Tsuna huddled into a tight ball under his blankets. He couldn't sleep -  nor did he want to sleep.

It has been occurring more often now than before but every time he tries to close his eyes, he would see it.

His guardians gathered in his office, all smiling and behaving like they normally do. 

There were his half Mist and Lightning sitting on the couch by the side of his desk, his Storm and Sun standing in front bickering like usual while his Rain was trying and failing to be the peacemaker. His Cloud and other Mist were off to opposite corners, restraining their urge to fight each other on sight. 

There was a sense of serenity passing through even with the bickering and the occasional fights that would break out within his work space.

But he would have nothing less than his family around him.

That warm and cozy feeling quickly shattered though, as if it was just a picture frame falling to it's end.

The blood and gore replace what was once his family, figures mutilated beyond recognition except for what little flame they have before it completely diminished. A stab at the heart a cut strange across the chest - it should've have been him that had received them. A head detached, that was supposed to happen to him, bodies crumbled under the pressure where if they had not pushed him out of the way - whywhywhy?!

The carnage continue without end, the days grew too long, the nights too ominous. The fire performing their ritual dance and cackling with glee at the sacrifices. Glazed eyes, all of them, lost their lustre - their life - stared up into the sky with nothing but a bland smile.

The Elements all seemed to be saying that, this time, they will be the ones to receive all the pain that would've been for their Sky. (Because their Sky had endured so much without as much as a complaint, getting hurt on its Elements' behalf.)

But then -

Smiles morphed into disdain and accusation and all the noises that wasn't there before started to come together in some sort of discordant harmony.

They're dead. It's your fault that they died. You killed them. You killed your family. 

... Why? WhywhywhywHy W h y  d I D  y o U  K i l L  t h E m ?

"Stop it... stop it!" Tsuna  mumbled holding his head in his hand as his entire frame shivered in a curled-up ball. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm so sorry I'msosososorry."

It was taking all of his willpower to not let his Sky flames start running feral (lest he wants a certain hitman to be on his case).

A comforting, ancient warmth of the Sky started to embrace him once more in the form of an invisible aura, the source coming from the pocket watch. It calmed him down, and so did his flames.

He focus entirely on that and three minutes later, he fell in a dreamless lull, not exactly blissful but unaware that a certain hitman was staring at a particular ring glowing on the finger of one Sawada Ienari.

.......

Clatter!

Tsuna reached into the slot to pull out the drink he bought from the vending machine.

"You know," He started saying, popping the can open with a yawn. Damn insomnia for depriving him of his sleep. Then again, he rather stay awake than returning to those nightmares. "Stalking is beyond creepy... whoever you are."