Target 27: A Probe (2)

"Don't you think it's strange for the school to suddenly issue an emergency drill?" Kurokawa Hana thought aloud, arms crossed as she, Kyoko, and Miura followed behind a few other students out of school building in a leisure pace.

The orange-haired girl thought for a moment, with a finger tapping her chin, before smiling again. "I'm sure there's nothing unusual going on."

"Right!" Miura nodded her head in agreement. "Besides, this might be a good thing!"

"Mm!"

Kurokawa stared as sparkles and oblivious smiles ensued and couldn't help but sigh. Sometimes, she wondered how she became friends with --

Crash!

-- The girls watched, startled, as someone came crashing through the windows that they were passing by. Due to the commotion, it attracted the attention of the nearby students (but some of them were smart enough to run away instead of staying and watch).

The person groaned as he sat up carefully, bewaring of the glass shards that lay around him.

"Eh?" Kyoko blinked and her face twisted into worry upon recognizing the person. "Onii-san?!"

"Don't come over!" Ryohei ordered, stopping his sister just before she could step through the sea of glass.

Kurokawa huffed, crossing her arms in irritation. "What were you trying to do anyways? Don't you know you could've gotten other people injured by monkeying around like that?"

"I was... uh, seeing if I can EXTREMELY run on the walls!" was Ryohei's reply.

Kurokawa stared.

"That's dangerous Onii-san," Kyoko seemed to have believed that excuse. "You're not even wearing protective gears!"

"Hahi! Can you even do that though? I mean there's gravity and all." Miura seemed to have a better sense of reasoning but she still ended up believing it. "But I'm sure you can do it after a lot of practice!"

The logical one of the trio decided to facepalm and not give anymore input, that is, before Ryohei started to usher them and the onlookers to leave.

"And why do we need to leave?" Her brows furrowed with a frown marring her face. "It's just a drill. There's nothing dangerous other than having to face Hibari -- by the way, how did the school even get Hibari to cooperate?"

Kurokawa knew that Kyoko's brother was an idiot who couldn't lie his way out of anything so she was taking advantage of the boxer's weakness to get to the bottom of this. There was something fishy going on and Kurokawa did not like to be kept in the dark.

Before Ryohei could actually come with another ridiculous excuse though, Yamamoto Takeshi barged in by using the same entrance as the boxer -- though he had a better landing than him. When the raven-haired teen looked up and saw Ryohei trying to push the three confused girls away, he immediately sprang up and --

"DUCK!"

-- He pounced on the four and got them down onto the ground before the sound of gunfire came. Luckily, the victim of the bullets was the wall; however, it caused the surrounding students to start panicking while thinking there was a terrorist on campus and they were all going to die and - well, their flight instinct kicked in, making them scream and run for their lives.

"Haha," Yamamoto laughed a bit too lightly. "That was close!"

Kurokawa did not find any of this funny. "What. Was that?"

"No time to explain," Yamamoto said urgently, helping to pull the girls up and out of their daze. "You girls should leave right now."

"No," The brunette stood her ground with a scowl. "I demand an explanation. Now."