Target 17: Gao!

"Oh, Tsu-chan~! Happy late birthday!"

Remember when Tsuna said he would burn all of Byakuran's marshmallows? Well, he took it back.

"What the...." He stared at the familiar ring chained to another, then looked back to the Mare boy.

Byakuran grinned happily, his hands outstretched and cupping around Tsuna's Ring of the Sky Version X. "It popped out of nowhere right after the Skies of the Trinisette resonated with each other!"

"..." Tsuna shakily took accessory from the boy, holding it in his own as if it was the most previous, most fragile thing he has ever seen. Tears could also be seen to accumulate around his eyes - but who could blame him? 

Reborn had been watching the entire exchange from Aria shoulder. The ring was a two-piece set. The main ring, has an X in the middle with the words "Vongola Famiglia" written on it, with a lion's head at the end of the ring. There was a chain that connects it to the smaller ring that look to fit only the pinky.

It was faint, but Reborn could definitely sense the Sky attribute permeating the accessory. He came to two conclusions; it was either a custom-made Sky Ring for Tsuna or... the Vongola Sky ring. (He would later learn that it's both.)

Tsuna sighed shakily and cupped the two-piece set against his forehead. "Natsu...."

"Gao!"

Light escaped through Tsuna's fingers  and when he open it, the lion emblem on the ring broke off in a ball of light. It landed in from of Tsuna and... and took the form of a small lion cub with pure Sky flames as its mane and wearing some sort of headgear.

Tsuna stared at the all-too familiar lion cub with longing and fondness, a sense of being a whole again flow through him as an identical Sky flame signature to his own joined his in a harmonious click as it had happened with Yuni and Byakuran.

The Sky lion had been with him for half of his life after all, joining into battles dangerous or not when he was called for it and never letting Tsuna down by doing his best. Natsu had long since been a part of Tsuna just as his guardians' box animals had been a part of them.

Reborn refrained from reacting by pulling out his gun, because no one seemed to be the least bit tensed that an unknown had appeared out of thin air. And when he saw similar tears at the corners of the Sky lion's eyes, he unknowingly relaxed.

"Gao!" The cub said happily and jumped into Tsuna's waiting arms. Right off the bat, it started to nuzzle and lick Tsuna's cheek, tail swishing in happiness. 

The brunet chuckled, holding the lion tighter. "Natsu... you're here... you're really here..."

"Gao gao gao!"

"Right, right, you're my partner," Tsuna responded, quite fluent in the... 'gao' speech of the lion cub. "I missed you Natsu."

"Gao!"

Tsuna turned to give Byakuran a grateful smile. "Thank you Byakuran, really, thank you so goddamn much."

The other smiled, resting his chin in his arms as he leaned on the side of the bed that Tsuna was forced back on. "Hehe, you can thank me by making your yummy marshmallow and strawberry cake!"

Tsuna blinked, then laughed. He remembered experimenting on making different kinds of desserts (He can cook because Reborn had said that a mafia boss should be the jack of all trades and master of all - he just wanted Tsuna to make a damn good express for him everyday) when he had created said cake. Byakuran managed to steal a slice and had frequent the Congola mansion to ask (read: beg) Tsuna to make him one.