Target 40: Inverted Flames

After the initial shock of Iemitsu suddenly ambushing Tsuna and Tsuna shoulder-tossing Iemitsu, everyone was rather unsettled by Tsuna's words.

The older ones (the adults) took up stances in case something happens, because if they interpreted Tsuna's words correctly, then they didn't like what was going to happen next. (And for the record, they did not expect Iemitsu to be a discordant Sky and neither did they have such thoughts either, him being a ditz and all.)

There was a taut silence that put everyone on the edge and holding their breths. However, it was broken, first, by Iemitsu himself. 

By laughing.

"... What did you do?" Iemitsu started after he stopped his near cackle, a hand covered over his eyes as he leaned back against the arm that he had propped up against the floor. "To be honest, nothing. Absolutely nothing."

Tsuna frowned, as did every other adult while the Tenth generations were somewhat baffled, though they were prepared to act by how they were starting to moving their feet into place.

It wasn't the first time Tsuna encountered a family member who hated him (I mean, Xanxus, his foster uncle, had gave him the murderous look of his nearly every time they met until the man finally had acknowledged him -- openly.) But it was the first time to see Iemitsu of all people directing that look of hatred towards him, because he knew his father cared for his family even though he didn't looked or acted the part.

Tsuna had experienced Ienari's discord, it was filled with frustration, pressure, and a sense of loneliness, resulting in a sickly brown. 

It wasn't like Iemitsu's. Iemitsu's was twisted red (unlike Xanxus's inherent wild red), filled with warped jealous, anger, and hatred eating away at his mind -- and he didn't know where all of that was coming from.      

It perplexed Tsuna. He didn't understand. He really doesn't. What did Tsunayoshi do that caused Iemitsu to carry such loathing for him?

His Intuition gave another hum of alarm and Tsuna narrowly shifted away from a high kick launched from the ground.

"Iemitsu!" Coyote exclaimed, alarmed, as he moved to subdue the man. He failed though, when Iemitsu dodged and continued making assaults towards his own son.

Tsuna had faltered for just the slightest second, because he had saw the borderline hysteria that was in Iemitsu's eyes the moment of his kick, but it was enough for Iemitsu to land a kick in Tsuna's guts.

Tsuna hissed in pain, borrowing that falling momentum to roll over the table and landing on the other side to gain distance. It didn't make a difference though, when Iemitsu jumped over it and tried to assault the brunet with another kick.  

"What the f***," Xanxus growled when he stopped Iemitsu, to which  Schitten and DIno saw as a good opportunity to join in to help subdue the CEDEF head. His free hand went for his guns, in case that was needed. "He's your son --"  

"My son?" That seemed to make something snap in Iemitsu, as he made a violent attempt by exerting his flames to break free of the lock he was it. "I bet none of you -- none of you believe that."

The others didn't want to really harm the man, so as a result, Iemitsu got out of the lock pretty easily. "What with who he actually resembles more and all."

"Hell," Tsuna moved cautiously around Iemitsu as the other talked, keeping a measured distance. "I can't even convince myself that he's my son."

"He," Iemitsu glowered at the brunet, hissing vehemently. "Is not my son."

Tsuna flinched, rooted to the spot right there and then -- and everyone was blindsided by Iemitsu.