Target 23: Reconcile (2)

"Hayato."

The silver-haired bomber flinched and didn't turn around. He knew the consequences of seeing his sister's face and he rather not faint on the spot if he could help it. "What?"

"... You know... " Bianchi hesitated, brows furrowed in concern. "You know father hadn't meant what he said that time, right?"

Anger flared immediately when the subject was brought up and he almost spun around to glare at her. Instead, he rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "Right, and I suppose he didn't mean to get my mother pregnant either."

"Hayato...!"

"Listen up, Aneki," His fists clenched tightly against his side. "I'm an illegitimate child. Do you know what that means?"

"..."

"It means -" Gokudera punched the wall next to him, mustering enough courage to send a venomous glare at his half-sister. "I ain't f***ing welcomed anywhere.

.

.

.

It was morning and Gokudera Hayato stood in front of the door to the Sawada residence, his hand hovered in front of the door as if he was about to knock but couldn't. 

He hadn't dare to come over to Ienari's house for nearly two whole days but the memory of last Friday was still fresh in his mind. The livid hatred that Juudaime had towards everyone, towards him, made Gokudera almost wanting to leave right there and then.

What if Ienari was still angry at him? What if Ienari no longer saw him as his Storm? His right-hand? What if Ienari doesn't need him anymore? What if -- Dear god, he did not want those to happen because... because... damn it, he just wanted a place. A place that would prove to everyone that Gokudera Hayato was not just b*****d's child and that he's worth something and --

-- The door opened to reveal one Sawada Tsunayoshi.

Sunset-orange clashed with emerald green and an awkward silence followed.

"... G'morning." Tsuna decided to break the silence with a greet and a smile.

Gokudera narrowed his eyes at the brunet and his anger flared because it was his fault that Ienari snapped like that. If he had just read the situation like any other person, then none of this tension would have been the result.

(And the b*****d has the guts to greet me with a smile-- ?!)

"Go to hell."

"... Okay?" There was a flicker of emotion that Gokudera failed to catch; instead, he was received by cool orbs that just seem to look down on the silveret. (And Gokudera was supposed to be the taller one here!) "I'm sure it's nice there during this time of the year but no, I have school - which could also be consider as another kind hell if one looks at it at an angle..."

A grin. "Don't you agree?"

Gokudera's hand twitched, itching to just fish out a dynamite and bomb the brat until kingdom comes but no, the brat just had to be a civilian and related to his boss. "Only if you're a retard that gives two sh** about it."

Tsuna visibly grimaced and something tugged at Gokudera's heart string -- he's insulted, you insulted him youhurthim-goapologize -- but the bomber squash that annoying feeling down. It had happened before whenever the brunet was concern, and to be honest, Gokudera hated that feeling of guilt that washes over him whenever he tries to insult Tsuna.