Target 21: Reaching Out to the Sky

"Nari, you can do this right?"

Little Ienari had nodded happily towards the father he had looked up to so much.

"Of course he can, he has the blood of Vongola after all!"

He had been proud of that.

"As expected of Ienari-dono!"

It filled him with pride.

"We expect great things from you Ienari."

Then it became too much.

"I hope Vongola Decimo will be able to bring Vongola back it its glorious days."

Why are they putting such a heavy burden on him? He's only fourteen - not even an adult yet.

"I expected you to be able to do at least that Ienari."

But... but he did his best. Wasn't that enough? Wasn't it?!

"I'm disappointed in you son." 

No...

His father had looked at him with those eyes for the first time those words hit harder than anyone else's could have. And everything just shattered inside because he couldn't become someone they could be proud of, someone that wasn't himself -

Stop. StopstopstopstopSTOP!

Ienari couldn't take it anymore. He just couldn't. Couldn't anyone see that he was breaking? Why the f*** do they have to put weight after weight after weight on his shoulder when there was no more space for them to put on?!

He tried to calm himself down, but it wasn't working. He needed to leave. To get out of this school - he doesn't care if Hibari was going to bite him to death, he just wants out.

So he ran. Ran as fast as he could, as far as he could. But there's something - there's always something - that pulled him, chained him back to the life that he wish he never have.

Danger always lurked around the corner and he was expected to come out - from a bomb, gun fights, sword fights, fights with flames against those with tens of more times experience than him - alive?

That's completely bull. 

He's no superhuman even if he tries to be.

His  throat constricted and he felt it hard to breathe. He grabbed the front of his shirt, willing himself to stop hyperventilating. 

Ienari sensed something - or someone - approaching him behind thanks to his Intuition and he reacted by enclosing a hand on whatever what was trying to grab his shoulder. "Who..."

His voice died out when -

Oh. It's him.

- chestnut brown filled with hatred and frustration clashed against calmed sunset-orange as if the other had nothing to do with the current development. (If his mind had been clear, he would've wondered how Tsuna was able to track him all the way out here without him noticing.)

"Ienari -"

"Don't you dare call me by my given name." The blonde hissed venomously. "You have no rights to do so."

Tsuna sighed and more flames was fanned into Ienari's ire because it felt like he was being treated like a kid and he had no rights to -

Smack!