Target 35: Vindice

Itzal narrowed his eyes as he played with the somewhat glowing orange-gem'ed ring on his finger, his face unable to betray his thoughts. 

"Something is wrong." He mumbled all of a sudden. "It's lacking that much without them huh..."

Vincent stared silently at the man's back, knowing that it was better not to disturb Itzal when he was in that in thinking mode lest he wanted to risk his future.

He sighed, his fist clenched tightly as if trying to get rid of the trembling from before. That experiment was way too close for comfort, he thought with a shuddering breath. He had know of the dangers he would have to face when he followed the man, but it was the best route. Best for him, and best for...

He shook his head of the still ridiculous thought, deciding that it was better not to think about it if he doesn't want an inducing headache. His attention shifted to the unconscious people -- not bodies, they weren't dead. Yet -- on the prison ground and stopped on Kawahira, who seemed absolutely fine compared to the others. Then again, he wasn't part of the test so that might be the reason.

"So... you're one of the... special species before humans, was it?" Vincent decided to try to see if he could strike up a conversation with this man whose age has been forgotten through the passage of time. He was having his doubts still, the man look no older than in his thirties but he was supposed to be older than his however-many-great grandparents-were? 

Immortality was something that everyone so desired, but it was an impossible task so to speak. Everything has a beginning and an end after all, or else, there was no meaning in moving forward when nothing could be change and begin anew... Vincent's eyes flashed with a dark look. Just like how the world has to begin anew.

Nothing lasts forever after all.

"So what if I am and what if I'm not?" The Administrator questioned back, sipping a cup of tea that shouldn't have been there... nor should the kettle... or the mini portable stove. Dear god, if Vincent didn't know any better, he would have thought this dungeon was Kawahira's freakin' home.

Vincent rolled his eyes, skipping over Kawahira's cryptic reply and continued, "How come you look exactly like humans do?"

"How would I know?" Kawahira raised a brow, looking at Vincent as if he had asked a stupid question. "Am I supposed to know the working of the universe like the back of my hand?"

"..." The Storm's eye twitched. "You know the workings of the Trinisette."

"Not exactly," Kawahira magnanimously shared. "I am only the administrator, I only make sure that the Laws are working as they should." His eyes turned as it landed on Iztal, whom was still stuck in a trance. "The disturbance just now made quite a ruckus, you're not afraid that the balance is disturbed before you can reach your goal?"

Iztal didn't answer, but Kawahira also didn't expect an answer so he brought his gaze back to Vincent. "None of you are like the rest, your route will not be the best for the fate of this world -- or of other worlds."

"As long as it's the best for us." Vincent narrowed his sharp green eyes, the scar on his face seem more conspicuous now with the creases of his brows. His gaze swept across the unconscious people and stopping at the mummified infant that was lying close to Kawahira. "They should all be thanking us for what we're going to do."

Kawahira lowered his gaze, the tea reflecting his image back at him as he pondered lightly. "Changing parallel fates is more dangerous than you think."

Before Vincent could reply, the door to the dungeon opened, revealing a messy haired blonde poking his head lazily. He looked as though he was about to call Iztal, but seeing said person busy in his own thoughts, the man turned to Vincent. "Scar-face --"