Target 14: You're Not Alone

"The results shown that his internal organs were beginning to shut down at an alarming rate due to over straining body functions without stop." The doctor informed Reborn, flipping through the notes on his clipboard. 

"He's quite lucky to have lasted until we got to him, or he may be at a high risk of another coma - death even."

"I see..." Reborn pulled his fedora down.

"I suggest not letting him out until we made sure his system stabilizes completely, but even I am uncertain of how long that will be. His condition is one none of us have ever seen before, honestly, and therefore unpredictable." A sigh. "To think he was getting better as well..."

.

.

.

Honestly, he didn't consider Tsuna's condition to be this troublesome. And to think he's been like this since he was born.

"R-Reborn! Why did you -"

The Vongola Sky ring was smacked in his face. Reborn send a silent apology - but none too repentant - to the spirits that reside within the heirloom because he really, really couldn't tolerate his student's complaints as to why he was called to the hospital.

Did the boy seriously not see the patient Reborn was sitting next to?

And his student had slammed the door open and yelled to boot.

Ienari caught the ring before it fall to the ground, face morphed into surprise then fear. "H-how did you -"

"You should know by now that I have my ways," Reborn cut in, beady black eyes glinting dangerously. It made the blonde flinched and take a step back in dread at what could be considered as a year's worth of torture. 

"S-sorry..."

"I'm not the one you should apologize to."

"... huh?"

Reborn gave his student a look. "Are you an idiot?"

"Um... no -" 

"Hey Nari..." Yamamoto, who was behind Ienari with Gokudera, finally noticed the person on the bed. "Isn't that your brother?"

Said blonde finally took in the person sleeping with an oxygen mask on, his eyes widening in the process. "W-WHA -"

Whack!

Leon reverted back into a chameleon after Reborn hit Ienari on the head. "Shut up or you're going to wake Tsuna up."

"Why do we have to pay the idiot any mind?" Gokudera scoffed, crossing his arms. "It's his fault for being weak."

Reborn tilted his fedora down. He really was disappointed at the unity - or lack thereof. He had tried again and again to pound the lesson about family and cooperation into Ienari's head, but it just wouldn't sink in.

And if the Sky doesn't understand, there was no way its elements would either.

At this rate, Vongola won't...

"He's the one who took the trouble of finding your damn ring." Reborn gritted, his frustrations at its peak a while ago and barely under control as it was with all that was unknown coming into the equation as of late.

Ienari froze, Gokudera was indifferent, and Yamamoto was confused; however, none of them spoke a word as to how Tsuna ended up like that while searching for the ring.

You would think that to be common sense.

Reborn refrained from a frustrated sigh and turned away. "Get out."