Chapter One ✌

Alexis found herself in another local pub for the fifth week in a row. She told herself on New Year’s Day she’d stop drinking. Unfortunately she broke that promise. She knew she couldn’t stop, and that was a problem.

A year ago her boyfriend, Chad, lost his life in a car accident that could’ve been prevented if only he had driven. His idiotic friends were drunk from a frat party, and were heading home when one of his friends, Josh had said “I swear to drive, I can drunk.” Why Chad hadn’t just took that as a hint to drive, who knows?

Alexis gritted her teeth at the thought of it and took another sip of her beer. The bitter liquid burned her throat as it slid down it. Alexis reached into her pocket to get more money out for another drink, but came to find it empty.

Alexis cursed under her breath as she sighed. There she goes spending all her hard earned cash on what, alcohol.

Someone slid in the seat next to her. He had a powerful smell of mint coming off of him. She looked out of the corner of her eye to see he had a solemn look on his face.

The bartender approached him and asked what he would like.

“Just water,” he replied.

Alexis finally found the courage to look at him. Before her was one fifth of the hottest boy band in England, The Wanted. His name was Nathan Sykes.

“What brings you here?” She suddenly asked.

Nathan was a bit surprised by her question. Never has a fan ever talked to him or approached him when he was in places like this. Then it hit him. My girlfriend is not with me.

His eyes didn’t meet hers as he spoke. “Uh, the boys decided to celebrate here. We finally finished our new album.”

“Why do you look so sad then?”

Alexis could sense something was wrong; just by his eyes not meeting hers, and the sadness oozing out of his voice.

Nathan let out a weak laugh as he finally settled on looking into her dark blue eyes.

“My girlfriend cheated on me,” he said. The bartender handed him his water, and Nathan took no hurry in drinking it either.

Alexis’s mouth formed a perfect ‘O’ as she scratched the back of her neck.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” she mumbled.

He waved the statement off. “It’s alright. She really wasn’t for me anyway.” He shrugged, taking another sip of his water.

“Aye, Nath, get over here and dance!” Alexis looked over to see Siva waving him over. She thought these boys looked handsomer in public then suddenly felt her cheeks become hot.

Nathan glanced at her, nodding towards the dance floor. “Care to dance, love?”

How could she say ‘no’ to a guy like him? She nodded enthusiastically as he took her hand. They walked onto the dance floor. A song had just ended and the DJ said he had a special request by a fellow friend.

That’s when “Glad You Came” blared through the speakers, their hot new single from their new album.

Nathan merely laughed and started to dance.

“Well, that’s weird,” he said as he twirled Alexis around.

“Indeed,” Alexis replied, smiling.

Am I really dancing with Nathan Sykes?

Their feet glided across the dance floor as they swayed their hips to the beat of the song. Alexis blushed when their bodies came closer together, melting into one. That’s when she knew the alcohol was really getting to her.  Everything was beginning to become a blur. She could hear Nathan’s voice asking her if she was okay, but all she saw was blackness.

Alexis could feel Nathan gently picking her up, and carrying her.

Nathan was concerned, and hoped Alexis were okay.  Her mouth hung open, and a light snore escaped from it. Nathan smiled to himself as he hailed a taxi.

Alexis’s eyes open for a second to see Nathan looking down at her.

“Where do you live, Miss?” He asked.

Alexis sleepily gave him her address as she fell back into a deep sleep.

The cab arrived at their destination and Nathan looked to see a simple blue house. He paid the driver twenty dollars. Also, signing him an autograph. Nathan then got out the cab and carried Alexis towards her house.

He searched her pockets for her key, and she started murmuring incoherent words. Nathan finally found them and unlocked the door.

Nathan admired her neatly cleaned living room before heading up the endless steps Alexis had.

Unlike her living room, Alexis’s room was a mess. Clothes everywhere, books sprawled all over the place, and her bed wasn’t made.

Nathan laid her on her bed and started to walk away until Alexis said something to him.

“Stay with me.”

Nathan was receiving a bunch of texts from his mates asking where did he go, but Nathan didn’t want to leave the poor girl alone.

“Okay,” he whispered. Nathan crawled under the covers and found himself cuddling with her. Alexis could hear his heart beating rhythmically as she laid her head on top of his chest.

After what seemed like hours they found themselves fall asleep.

*****

Alexis woke up to the rays of the sun shining through her curtains. She couldn’t remember anything that happened yesterday. Except that she was in a bar, drinking.  The rest was a blur.

Alexis groaned as she felt a headache coming.

“Hello hangover,” she muttered.

Alexis trudged to the bathroom to get painkillers, hoping they would ease the pounding in her head.

Strangely her clothes smelt of mint. Last time she checked she didn’t wear any type of scented perfume.

As she walked back into her room, a note was left on one of her pillows.

Alexis walked up to it to see a number written on it.

Call me if you want to hang – Nath. Alexis paused at the last sentence. Nathan Sykes was in her room? Let alone her bed?

“Oh my…” She trailed as she ran to retrieve her cell.

Once she found it, she dialed Charlie’s number.

“Seriously, Juan, not cool!” Charlie laughed as she answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Charlie!! Can we meet up at a café or something! It’s an emergency!”

“Whoa, whoa, Lex, what’s wrong?”

“Let’s just say, I think I hooked up with Nathan Sykes last night.”

***

Nathan decided on going back to the tour bus once the girl he was with last night fell asleep. He felt bad for leaving her alone, but he did have a career.

“Hey, Nath, where’d you go last night, mate?” Tom asked, as he sat on the couch eating cereal.

Nathan scratched the back of his neck. “I, um, I…”

“Oh, don’t you lie! You went out with that cute girl didn’t you?” Tom smirked.

Nathan blushed. Wait, am I blushing?

“N-no, I wasn’t.”

“You just stuttered.”

“Tom…”

Tom held his arms up. “Sorry, make sure you shower soon, next concert is in two hours.”

Nathan nodded and looked at his cell phone, hoping that the mystery girl would call, but no luck. Eventually his phone rang and he answered it.

“Hello?” He answered quickly.

“Nathan, we need to talk.”

Bloody hell, it’s my girlfriend…