Chapter Four ✌

Alexis stared at the text she received from Nathan in disbelief. Did Nathan just reject her offer? Why did he call her a “silly girl”..? She thought Nathan was nicer than that. At the club he was, and on their date he was also sweet to her.

She threw her phone on her bed as she decided to change into more casual clothes. There was no need for her to dress up for Nathan if he didn’t want to go out with her.

Her phone rang and for a second she hoped it was Nathan. Sadly, it was just her co-worker, Roberto. She reluctantly answers her phone as she puts on a pair of grey skinny jeans on.

"Hello," Alexis said as she did her make-up.

"Did you call him yet, Bonita?"

"No, you should've seen what he replied me back with!" Alexis nearly yelled into phone, which made her poke her eye with her mascara. "Ouch!"

"What did he say?"

"He called me a silly girl and said he had no time for me," Alexis replied, bluntly.

Alexis finished her make-up and decided to curl her hair, and wear her glasses today for a change. Whenever she dressed up for Nathan she'd wear a lot more make-up, wear her hair straight, and wear a dress or somewhere near that.

"What? He did? How dare him!" Roberto's voice had an edge to it now.

Alexis sighed. "I know, but..." Alexis bit her lip before finishing her sentence. "I still like him."

Roberto roared with laughter on the other end of the line, and Alexis had a confused look on her face.

"Really, you’re going to let him treat you like that and forgive him? No, no, you need to show him what he just lost."

"You're right, Roberto."

Roberto snorted. "Of course I am. Hey, want to go out tonight? Just you and me,"

***

"No, no, no, Nath! That's all wrong. It's we're standing in a light that won't fade," Jay sang as Nathan repeatedly sang the lyrics to their songs wrong for the first time.  

After the whole Siva incident he's been so nervous and anxious of what Alexis was doing right now. Maybe how she was feeling.

"Sorry mate, I-I'm just a little...."

"UNDER PRESSURE, so we've heard," Max sneered as they sat watching Nathan rubbing his now sweaty hands together.

"What is wrong with him today?" Tom whispered to Jay.

"I don't know, but if that girl he met that one night has something to do with this,  he needs to stay single," Jay spat.

The recording session finally ended and Nathan was relieved. His band mates were continuously yelling corrections and insults at him for messing up lyrics or not singing in the right key.

"What is wrong with you Nathan? She's just a girl, there's many more out there."

Nathan shook his head in disbelief, was he really talking to himself? He needed fresh air to clear his mind and think everything over.

He suddenly felt like he was being followed as he stepped outside. He turned to see Jay's brown curly hair in his face. He placed a hand on Nathan's shoulder sighing.

"What's up?" He simply asked.

Nathan looked at the sky filled with twinkling stars.

"Nothing, it's nothing."

''Don't lie to me mate. Something's bothering you, out with it!"

"Siva may have messed up my chances of having a solid relationship with Alexis," Nathan said in a rush, turning away from Jay.

Jay's mouth opened slightly, but he closed it, pressing his lips in a thin line as a sign that he was thinking. Nathan stared at him awaiting his answer.

"You really like her don't you?"

Nathan nodded.

Jay let out a breathy laugh. "I see....do you think she's the one?"

"Of course," Nathan exclaimed.

"Well, then, let's go get your girl back,” Jay replied, smiling.

“I don’t know where she is at the moment,” Nathan replied.

Jay smiled, smugly. “Don’t worry, I have connections, mate.”

***

Alexis and Roberto settled on going to an orchestra concert. Not an ideal place to go out to, but the music seemed to calm Alexis and help her relax. Roberto tapped his foot lightly on the hardwood floor to the music.

He was dressed in dark blue jeans, a white button up shirt, and wore black slacks. Alexis’s look was a little different. She wore a white cardigan, grey skinny jeans, and black ballet flats.

Alexis yawned. “When are we going to leave Bert?”

Roberto shushed her. “Soon, senorita, but first, let me hear this last classical song.”

Alexis nodded sleepily as she leaned her head onto his shoulder. Strangely the orchestra played a familiar tune which made Alexis foot start tapping instead.

People all around had confused looks on their faces as they murmured about the performance. That’s when she heard his voice.

Say my name, like it’s the laaaaaaast time.”

Alexis gasped as Nathan walked onto stage. She couldn’t but smile. Wait, why was she smiling? This was the guy who rejected her request to go on a date. That’s when her mood changed.

“Roberto, let’s go,”

“Why? This chico is pretty good!”

“Please, let’s just go!” Alexis said the last word with gritted teeth as she grabbed Roberto’s arm to leave.

Nathan suddenly stopped singing and ran towards where Alexis and Roberto were leaving. He didn’t want her to walk out of his life. Not now, not never.

“Alexis, where are you!” He shouted, walking around the busy streets of Manchester. He saw her blurry figure walking on the other side of the street with Roberto. He didn’t even think about what he was doing and had a sudden impulse to just run straight to her through the busy traffic.

“Alexis, wait!”

Alexis turned her head and looked at Nathan with wide eyes. “Nathan, watch out!”

Nathan looked to see bright headlights driving towards him, before he could react. He felt an impact on his body. Then…..blackness.