Chapter Sixteen - (Alexis's POV) ✌

During the entire concert I sat backstage, sitting on a crate. Nathan’s insult replayed in my head. How do I know if she’s not going to be like Lillian?! Why would he even compare me to that witch? I was nowhere near her personality range. Nathan knew we had three amazing months together, and tomorrow is going to be the start of our fourth.

He continuously gave me side glances whenever he could, and the boys talked to me nonstop about how I should rethink what Nathan said. I ignored them, and continued to ignore Nathan’s presence.

He deserved what I am doing to him. It may sound harsh, but I wanted to hear him apologize, and hear him say he loved me.

Tanya stood by my mom who was happily tapping her foot  to the rhythm of their songs. I smiled because at least she likes them, unlike my dad.

My dad has never really been a fan of boyfriends anyway; he believed that they were just jerks who liked to play with girls’ hearts. That’s why most of my relationships never worked until he introduced me to Chad.

He was handsome, had money, and treated me like a queen. I thought to myself that I never deserved a guy as amazing as him. That was until the accident happened, and never again did I doubt our relationship.

Once the boys finished their song “Lose My Mind”, they took a thirty minute break to cool down and catch their breath.

As always, Nathan gave me another side glance. It pissed me off somehow. Why wouldn’t he just walk up to me and say sorry? It’s a simple word.

Tanya could feel the slight tension between us because she walked over to me, and sat down on a stool. “Alexis, you know Nathan wants to apologize, he just….he just doesn’t know how.”

I scoffed at her comment. He didn’t know how? There’s no such thing as a how to do apologies.  They just happen. People don’t naturally think out a scenario on how they’re going to apologize…it’s because they’re pointless. Either way people accept them, or don’t.

“Tanya, Nathan knows how, he just won’t do it,” I retort, balling my hands into tight fists. I was frustrated, mad, and melancholy all at the same time.

Tanya sighed. “Come on Alexis. What is wrong with you today? You seem,” she paused briefly, “different, what’s the deal?”

“There is no deal. I’m not in the mood for him, that’s all,” I answer.

Tanya’s eyes soften. “Look, I know you’re pissed at the fact that he thought you’d be like Lillian so he didn’t know if you’d be his fiancée yet, but don’t blame him. If he has been through a lot of-“

I became enraged. “Do not pull that pity shit on me. What are you trying to say? Do you think I’ll become Lillian point two? Oh, Tanya, you just don’t know,” I sneer. “You just made a big mistake!”

Tanya held her hands up. “Alexis, relax, you are acting crazy. I didn’t say that at all. I’m just saying-“

“Oh shut up, Tanya! You just think you are so perfect now that you’re here with The Wanted and in a relationship with Jay. All that wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t let you come on tour with us!”

Tanya’s eyes filled with hurt as she held back tears. I automatically regretted what I said because she ran away sobbing.

Jay glared at me before running off to catch up with Tanya. Siva walked over to me, kneeling. “Alexis, you need to chill. Just because Nathan made your day bad, doesn’t mean you make other peoples’ day bad. You guys need to resolve this relationship you have…right now.”

Siva walked over to Nathan and grabbed him by the sleeve. He pulled Nathan over to me, plopping him down on the stool. “Talk now.”

I looked at Nathan and he looked back at me. That’s what we did; just stare at each other for the longest.

“I’m sorry,” Nathan finally said. His eyes were full of sorrow.

“You should be,” I reply with a hint of disdain. I wanted him to feel guilty.

“I’m sorry, but what?”

“You heard me, Nathan.” Now, my voice had an edge to it. I was beginning to become annoyed.

“What the hell? Is this Alexis or someone else?” He asked. His voice became louder as he gave me an annoyed look. “I said I’m sorry, and I know you’re pissed, but….get over it!”

I roll my eyes. “How can I? You-“

“You are acting irrational about this! It was just one little sentence. You’re acting like I said you were going to be just like Lillian!” Nathan shouted.

I cringed. He’s never gotten this loud before. It scared me.

“You just caught me at the wrong time and moment. Tom was just irking me.”

I immediately felt guilty for yelling at Nathan and Tanya. I was mad for nothing. I let my frustrations get the best of me.

“I’m sorry too, Nathan,” I reply. He smiles and cups my face, pulling me in for another kiss.

“Are you kids done? I’m ready to shake my tail feather some more!” My mom exclaimed.

I groaned at the thought of my mom even trying to become cool because it was just not her. I smile and laugh at her statement though.

“What? Isn’t that what you kids say nowadays?”

I shook my head, groaning. “No, mom, it isn’t.”

My mom blushed as she laughed to herself and the boys went back on stage to wrap up their show.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The bus was quiet as we headed to the boys last show. After that, the boys get a break before going back on tour.

I still felt bad about treating Tanya the way I did. She didn’t deserve it. After all…she was right. Nathan didn’t know how he was going to apologize to me; he even admitted himself.

Jay wasn’t his wild usual self since he was trying to cheer Tanya up, but that wasn’t working. He even text me to sit next to Tanya so I could say sorry and make up with her.

Come on Alexis, she’s sad, and I hate seeing her this way. – J

I bit my lip before replying. I know, but….I just can’t find the courage to. – A

Well, you need to because I don’t want my girlfriend sad at my last show! – J

I sigh. Jay was right, she should be happy. I sucked it up, and got up, walking over to a solemn Tanya. She didn’t look at me when I sat next to her.

“What do you want?” Her voice had an edge to it.

“I’m sorry for what I said. It was wrong, and you were only trying to cheer me up, and I appreciate that. You’ve been a wonderful friend to me these past months, and I hope you are even after this tour. So, all I ask is that you forgive me?” I plead.

She looked at me. I could tell she was thinking just by the look on her face. “I understand. You were upset, and you didn’t want to be bothered. I just wanted to help you, and try to at least get you to see that Nathan makes mistakes. He’s only human.”

“So….do you accept my apology?”

She cracked a smile. “Did you at least listen to my speech?”

“To be honest…only a little, but I liked it!”

Tanya laughed, shaking her head. “You are forgiven.” We hug and I smile, knowing I had at least one of my best friends back.