Chapter Eighteen - (Alexis's POV) ✌

I groan as I try on another tight wedding dress. Tanya dragged me to the nearest wedding dresses store to get me fitted. Nathan and I agreed to get married in six months. It wasn't too soon or that far away. We had enough time to plan it, think of guest, and where it was going to be.

Tanya took that the wrong way, and wanted to make sure everything was ready way before. I couldn't argue with her since I knew once I pick out a dress it'd be too late.

"Oh my god, this dress makes me look like I want him to have sex with me," I complain.

"Isn't that what you-"

"No."

"I thought-"

"Tanya...."

Tanya huffed a sigh as she went back to rack through more wedding dresses. This whole thing was already stressful enough. I was 18 and about to get married. Was I ready for such a commitment? Marriage was a big thing. Nathan and I have only been together for six months. Were they enough?

"Okay, so I had to ask the clerk if she could find you a dress that fits you since I can't," Tanya sat in a chair with her arms crossed, pouting her lips.

"Hey, at least you tried. Don't be so down about it," I comfort her, patting Tanya on the back.

Before Tanya could reply with probably another one of her smart comments, a cheerful lady with bouncy brown curls, walked up to them.

"Are you the one getting married?" The lady asked. Her face had a strange wide smile on it.

No, I'm just wearing this wedding dress Tanya picked out for me for fun, I wanted to reply, but instead I decided to be nice, "Yes, I am."

"You're prettier in person," she complimented.

"Excuse me, but what?"

"Oh, Nathan Sykes is your boyfriend, isn't he?" The lady gave me a confused look.

"Yes, I am, I didn't know that you recognized me!" I blush, feeling stupid for not remembering that I am with a very well- known person.

The woman smiled as she retrieved the ideal dress that she thought would look perfect for me. Once she came back, I stared in awe at the masterpiece in front of me. It was beautiful, but would the dress look beautiful on me?

"This darling....is one of a kind, but I think you'd be worthy of wearing it. The white suits you, your body is fit enough to work the dress and I believe the sequin designs and prints make this dress look wonderful for you. You don't mind it being strapless, right? Too many girls are afraid of showing off their shoulders and such, but I think it is nonsense."

The woman rambles on about nothing as I take in every detail of the dress. I desperately want to try it on, but she holds on to it and rambles on some more.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I babbling? Let's get you fitted," she laughed to herself. "I'm sorry, I do that a lot."

She handed me the dress, and the fabric of it was soft and fluffy feeling. I was actually engaged, and Nathan wanted to marry me.

Once in the dressing room, I took off the dress Tanya wanted me to try on, and slip on the dress the lady gave me. It fit perfectly on my body and it had a comfortable feeling to it; not too tight or loose...just right.

"Okay, Lexis, let's see the dress!" Tanya said, and I walked out the dressing room. I got a bunch of oohs and ahhs from the two. I smiled bashfully.

"Do a twirl!"

I obeyed and did a quick twirl with the dress. "So, do you want it?" I nod.

"I sure do! How much is it?"