Chapter Ten ✌

Alexis’s POV – A month later

After a month of torture, Lillian was put off the bus once we were heading for the airport to fly to America. We were going to go to their first show which was in Los Angeles, California. I’ve been there once. I was five years old. My dad took me to see his favorite rock band, whoever that was.

In between riding the bus and boarding the airplane, Nathan was acting strange. Whenever I tried to start up a conversation, he would avoid answering or he’d mutter a “uh-huh” or “cool”. Whatever was wrong, I wanted to know.

We got first class and it was the greatest thing ever. Tom and Nathan sat together; behind them were Jay and Max. Siva decided to sit alone so he could get some rest. Tanya and I sat in the back.

“Tanya, do you think Nathan is hiding something?” I ask, looking down at the screen of my iPhone which had a picture of Nathan and me posing in front of a bakery.

“Nathan, I swear we’ve passed this bakery about a hundred times! What is up?” I cross my arms, smiling.

Nathan laughed. “I just can’t stop looking at those delicious blueberry muffins. They look so mouthwatering.”

I giggled, shaking my head. “Then why didn’t you say that you wanted to get one?”

Nathan looked me into my eyes. “I already have my muffin.”

I blushed, rolling my eyes. “Wow, Nathan, you are so lame!”

“What do you mean?” Tanya’s question broke me out of my trace.

“He’s avoiding me,” I looked towards the front to see Nathan laughing and ruffling up Tom’s hair.

Tanya followed my gaze. “Oh…good I’m not the only one noticing.”

I looked at her. “You noticed he was avoiding me and didn’t do anything-“

She cut me off. “I went up to him and asked him what his deal was. He looked at me like he didn’t know what I was talking about. So, I confronted him about him not talking to you or anything.”

She paused. I gave her a nod to go on and she bit her lip. “I don’t think I should tell you what he told me.”

What had he told her that he didn’t want to tell me? I was his girlfriend after all.

“Tanya, you can tell me.”

“He said he needed to talk to you. Not now.”

I sigh. This was useless. My boyfriend’s acting funny; he told Tanya some valuable information, but she won’t share. What is up?

“What are you two girls talking about?”

Siva’s face peered over the seats, smiling. Siva was the only guy that Tanya and I was be able to speak about our girl problems with. After all he did have a girl persona somewhere in him.

“Nathan,” I reply.

“When are you not?” Siva began to chuckle as I smacked his forehead. “Ouch! Alexis, I thought I was your favorite!”

“You were until you said that.” I gave him the tongue.

Siva put his hand on his chest, gasping. “Alexis Roberts, that is so mean!”

Tanya giggled while I rolled my eyes playfully.

“Anyway, why are you talking about Nathan now?”

Nathan’s POV

 I felt bad for avoiding Alexis and not talking to her. I just didn’t feel comfortable being with her knowing I had slept with Lillian a month ago. I’m so guilty of not telling her, but I didn’t want to see her face when I told her.