Chapter Eleven ✌

I listened to every word Nathan said as he told me what happened between him and Lillian. He slept with her. Just hearing that sentence made my heart shatter into tiny little pieces. I did my best to not tear up. I tried to keep it together. After a month, why now?

He had all that time to tell me and confess. Now he wants to tell me?

Once Nathan was done he took a deep breath and folded his hands. I saw beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He was nervous and afraid. Was it because of the way I would react? 

“Alexis, you know I love you and…” His voice cracked as a silent sob escaped from his mouth. “You are everything to me. I know we’ve only been together for two months, but you make me feel complete.”

My bottom lip began to tremble as a tear cascaded from my eye onto the white sheets of the bed. He knew he made a mistake. The moment it happened he was guilty. He was guilty of cheating on me.

“Why didn’t you tell me, Nathan?”

Nathan didn’t look at me. Instead he looked ahead at the program showing on TV. On SNL someone made a joke about Lindsay Lohan and everyone laughed.

“I was afraid that you’d leave me. You’ve been so sweet to me, but I did that one little thing to hurt you.”

“How would you know if I’d leave you?” I reach out for his hand, caressing it gently.

Nathan merely shrugged. “I just thought of that right away.”

I shake my head. “Nathan, you can’t judge someone on what they’re going to do just because most people leave their lovers because they were cheated on. Unlike your situation, Lillian wanted revenge.”

Nathan finally looked at me, aweing in shock. “Revenge for what? “

“I think she believes that I took you away from her,” I reply, cracking a smile.

Nathan chuckled, smiling also. “Jealously,” he said.

“Exactly,” I agree.

There was a knock on the door. Nathan got up from the bed and walked over to the door, groaning. “Who is it? You’re interrupting a good moment here!”

I heard giggles and kissing noises. “Oh Nathan, let’s get married!” Jay teased.

“Right now, Alexis?” Max replied in his silliest Nathan voice.

“Yes! Yes! I also want your babies!”

I couldn’t help, but break out in to laughter, burying my face into the sheets. I swear those two were the funniest guys ever. No one could compete.

Nathan’s face was crimson red as he opened the door and scolded the boys.

“Lighten up, Nathan,” Siva said.

Nathan rolled his eyes as he leaned against the door. “What is it?”

The boys grinned and that’s when I noticed Tanya behind them grinning also. “Sleep over!”

Nathan gaped. “No, no, no! Jayne!” It was too late, everyone ran in the room, shutting the door.

Tom jumped onto the bed, squashing me. “Nathan, tell Kelsey I’m leaving her for Alexis.”

“I don’t think she’d like that,” Nathan retorted.

“Who’s Kelsey?” I ask.

Tom smiled goofily. “My girlfriend, you have to meet her! Also you have to meet Max’s and Siva’s girl!”