Chapter Five (Nathan's POV) ✌

My body was in pain. I felt like if I moved any of my limbs, they’d fall off. Bright lights were shining in my face causing me squint. My vision was a bit blurred so I couldn’t make out the people hovering over me. Where was I?

“He’s awake,” I heard a voice gasp.

“Go get that girl who brought him in,” A deep voice replied.

That’s when I guessed that I was in a hospital, but how? My head even ached to think so I told myself to relax. That was until I heard a concerned voice enter the room. I could make out flowing brunette hair. The girl’s voice was melodic to me. It was like I’ve heard it before.

“Nathan?” The girl was now by my side, clutching my hand.

I winced at the pain and let out a soft groan.

She released my hand. “Sorry,” She murmured. “Look, I’m really sorry.”

“Why?” I ask weakly.

“I got you hurt,” She mumbled.

My vision became clear and that’s when I saw those beautiful blue eyes glistening in the light.

“Alexis…” I breathed.

Alexis’s frown turned into a slight smile.

“You didn’t get me hurt,” I say. “I did, and I should be the one who’s supposed to be sorry. I didn’t send you that text Alexis, Siva did. I wanted to go hang out, but the boys wanted to rehearse.”

“Well, aren’t you supposed to?”

I sighed. “Yeah, but, I need some time to relax. Plus, my heart hasn’t been in the best of shape until I met you.”

That makes her smile and blush. Alexis was gorgeous and just being with her makes me forget everything that’s happened to me in the past.

“That’s um, sweet of you, Nathan.”

I smile. “I know, Lex.”

The doctor said I had a broken arm, concussion, and a slight sprained ankle. He told me that I wouldn’t be able to go the show in London and perform because I needed to rest and heal up.

I left the hospital two days later melancholy over the fact that I couldn’t go out there and sing for that lovely crowd. I had to tell the boys the news and they weren’t happy about it.

“Jesus Christ, mate, what happened?”

I hesitated before answering. My throat suddenly felt dry. “I got hit by a car.”

What the hell?” Max said.

I held up my left hand, which was on my good arm, to silence them. “First off, Jay told me to go get the girl I wanted—“I cut myself off to give Jay a quick glare before turning my attention back to the boys. “So, I did. She was already across the street once I found her. What did I do? I ran across the street without looking and BAM! I got hit by a car.”

“What kind of car?” Siva asked a little too excitedly.

“Siva…” I said.

“Sorry.”

Jay coughed awkwardly before giving me an apologetic look.

“So, how long will you not be able to perform?”

“A month,” I say, frowning.

“That sucks, mate.” Siva patted my back, heading towards his room. All the boys hugged me and told me to “heal soon”. Before I could even sit down, I heard a knock on our tour bus. I opened the door prepared to tell any fan girl to politely go away.

“Look I’m sorry but—“I cut my sentence short because in front of me was Alexis. She had a pan full of fresh brownies in her hands. The sweet smell of them filled my nostrils, causing my tongue to drool inside of my mouth.  They looked absolutely orgasmic.

“Hello,” she says, cheerfully.

“Uh, hi, come on in!”

She walks up the stairs of the bus and I close the door quietly.

“Where are the boys? I thought that bringing brownies would help them forgive me for getting you all banged up.”

“Alexis….it’s not your fault, okay?”

Alexis bit her lip, nodding.

“I smell brownies, Nathan you can cook with one ar—Alexis! Hey, I finally get to meet you!” Max exclaimed.

I was a bit shocked by his warm welcome to Alexis. I’d expect a cold-hearted ‘stay away from Nathan’.

“HI!” Alexis shouted and they exchanged a hug.

“Mm, who cooked brownies?” Tom waltzed in.

Alexis put the brownies on the table and Max and Tom went to devour them. I laughed at them. They acted like greedy pigs in front of my girlfriend. Wait, was she my girlfriend?

“Where are Siva and Jay?”

“Their rooms,” I reply. I place a hand on her lower back and guide her towards the back where our rooms are located.

“Bloody hell, what do we tell him?” I heard Jay say.

“I don’t know! Nathan broke up with her only a week ago.”

“Yeah, but still…”

Were they talking about Lillian? What for? She cheated on me. End of the story. What has them so worked up for?

“This can’t be happening…” Siva said.

“Well it is.”

Alexis looked at me for an answer and I just shrugged.

“Okay, mate, we’ll tell him that Lillian’s claiming that he’s the father of her baby...” Jay says.

I looked to see Alexis run off the bus. That’s when I took action and went into Jay’s room.

“What are you two talking about?” I ask.

They both look at me surprised to know that I had been listening to their conversation.

“N-nothing,” Jay stuttered out.

Siva nodded agreeing.

I roll my eyes. “Don’t give me that crap, what’s Lillian trying to say now?”

“That she’s pregnant with your baby.”

I let out a laugh as they both look at me puzzled.

“And you didn’t want to tell me this why? My girlfriend just ran out of here because of you two. Listen, that baby isn’t mine. I know that for a fact!”

The two sat there speechless as I finished my rant. My blood was boiling and if it was possible I know that steam would be coming out of my ears right now. Lillian wanted to play that game of attention. Why else would she want to lie about being pregnant with my child?

I left their room and grabbed my cell off the table where Max and Tom had finished their brownies. It was time that Lillian and I had a talk.

“Hello, Nathan? Thank gosh that you called—“

I cut her off. “Save it love, we have other things to discuss about,” I sneer.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me!” I spat. “What’s this crap about you saying you’re pregnant?”

“Wait, what? I never said that. Wait, who said I was? I’m not and won’t be for a while.”

“Are you lying?” I yell.

“No. I am not. Listen, Nathan, you need help. Whatever is making you think this is wrong. Like seriously. Talk to me, when you’re not with that girl and are normal.”

Click.

“They set me up….” I mumbled.