Chapter Three ✌

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Thanks if you've been very patient for this next chapter! :) Also there's a pic of Nathan's ex-girlfriend, just to be clear this one is fake. Not for sure if he really has one. 

“Welcome to work, Alexis,” Alexis heard Travis say as she entered the little rock band store. She took a couple days off from work so she could work off her long hangover. Who knew those things could last a lifetime?

Alexis was exhausted once she woke up for work. It’s been awhile since she’s worked this early. Alexis usually gets in around 9 am, but they wanted her in at 7 instead.

“So, I saw this,” Travis plopped a Teen magazine in front of her. On the cover was Nathan Sykes and……her. The magazine talked about Nathan’s previous relationship and how this one that is now sparking up may fall apart too.

Alexis chuckled at the statement, but stopped it short when she saw Travis’s disapproving eyes looking down at her. His height scared Alexis. She was 5’6 while he was well over 6’2.

“What is this?” He asks her with a cold tone to his voice.

“A magazine,” she replies.

He pursues his lips, cocking his head to the side. “I know that, Alexis, but what is this about you and this Nathan Sykes being together?”

Alexis bit her lip, looking for an answer. “Well, I met him at a club.”

“Wait, are you drinking again?”

Alexis sighed. “Yes,” Alexis says quieter than ever.

Travis pinches the bridge of his nose as an annoyed sigh escapes his mouth.

“I told you about drinking, Lex. It’s bad for you! You saw what happened to your last boyfriend!”

“Shut up!” She shouts. “Don’t you ever talk about him. Chad was a great boyfriend.”

Travis rolls his eyes, waving a hand at Alexis. “Just get to work little miss famous.” He walked back to his office as Alexis went to her spot at the cash register.

Alexis helped every customer with the latest CD releases and any kind of band merchandise they wanted. All while doing that, Nathan was on her mind. The whole date yesterday was wonderful—no, perfect—was the right word.

As she restocked a new shelf with CDS she bumped into someone. She glanced up at the girl.

She had long, shiny blonde hair. Her lips looked like they had work on them since they were really plump. Her eyes were a dark green. She’d be pretty if she wasn't scowling at Alexis.

“May I help you?” Alexis squeaked out.

“Do you have any good CDs that can help with break ups?” She asked.

Alexis had to think. The only artist that came to mind was the wonderful and lovely Adele. Alexis quickly achieved it and beckoned the girl to follow her to register.

“Gosh, I can’t believe he did this to me,” she huffed.

Alexis raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“My boyfriend—my ex-boyfriend—he broke up with me. I don’t even know why.”

“What’s his name?” Alexis felt like she was being nosy, but she really wanted to hear what the girl had to say.

“Don’t tell anyone, but it’s Nathan Sykes from the Wanted.”

This is his ex?! You’d think he’d go for higher standards. This girl is downright trash!

“Do you know him?” The girl blew a huge bubble with her gum as she eyed her.

“Um, no,” Alexis said a little too quickly.

She knew she shouldn’t have lied, but she never thought she’d run into the guy’s ex. especially when she’s in a mood like this: ready to kill someone.

“Oh….well,”

Alexis quickly rang up the CD and put it in the bag. “Here you are, enjoy!”

The blonde smiled and gave Alexis a light wave, walking out.

Roberto, Alexis’s best mate at the store, came out of the back room roaring with laughter.

“Miss Alexis, I never knew you could lie!” He gave her a devilish smile.

Roberto was extremely handsome, but Alexis never found him as her type. He had the looks, but not the personality.

“Shut up, Bert.”

He chuckled. “Are you going to see Nathan again?” He sat on a stool, propping his elbows on the counter.

Alexis shrugged, finding herself blush. She never blushed, never in her life. Is that how Nathan really makes her feel?

“You should, I’ve never seen you this happy!” He smiles broadly as he fiddles with the sleeves of his sweater.

“I’ll give him a call after work,” She says.

“Thatta girl,” he replies, winking.

After work Alexis decided to text Nathan to see if he wanted to hang, but she got no reply.  Usually Nathan replied back pretty quickly, what was up?

***

Siva stood on his tippy toes as he dangled Nathan’s precious phone above his head. Siva was a lot taller than Sykes so he had a big height advantage.

“Mate, argh, gives me it back, Alexis just texted me!” Nathan yelled.

Siva chuckled. “Nath, we have to be at tip top shape once we perform here in Manchester, don’t let this girl interfere with your career.”

“She’s not,” Nathan replied quietly.

Siva’s lips went to a straight line as he looked down at Nathan. Nathan’s only hope was if Siva gave in to his puppy face.

“Aw, no, no, you won’t fool me with that, Nathan,” Siva said, shaking his head.

“Siva, pretty please,” Nathan pleaded.

“On one condition,” Siva replied, holding up one finger.

Nathan raised an eyebrow up. “Uh, okay mate, what’s that?”

Siva scratched his chin for a minute, thinking.

Nathan tapped his foot impatiently, as he crossed his arms. “Out with it mate, I don’t have all day.”

Siva’s face became very stolid.

“You stop seeing the girl,”

Nathan gaped at Siva as he got his phone back into his hands.

Hey, let’s hang.  -Lex.

What was the reply?

I don’t have time for silly girls like you.

“Siva, you twat,” Nathan mumbled, wondering how he’ll fix this.