Chapter Two ✌

Nathan let out a frustrated sigh as his girlfriend screeched over the phone at him. He couldn't take it anymore. Why was he still with her? He should just move on. She cheated and lost her chances of ever being possibly married to him.

He clutched the black, velvet box in his hand as he heard her ramble on about how he should be the happy that he has a girl like her and that she didn't cheat. The guy was just a friend. Nathan snorted at the statement. He knew well enough to believe that she was dating that guy.

He saw her sleeping with him that night at Jay's party. She couldn't fool him.

As he got up and tucked the ring back into his bag. He finally spoke.

The words trembled as he said them. "Lillian, stop, it’s-it's over. I'm done with the lies. Goodbye."

He hung up the phone feeling proud of what he did, but still felt pain deep down inside.

***

Alexis met Charlie at a local café to talk. After hearing the whole story about the pub, passing out, and finding a note about Nathan Sykes asking her to call her, Charlie wanted to know more.

“So, are you his girlfriend?” Charlie asked.

Alexis shook her head. “What? No, we had a one night stand, I think—wait no—we just slept together.”

Charlie raised an eyebrow, drumming her perfect manicured fingers on the table. “Let me get this straight. Nathan Sykes slept in your bed—fully clothed—then left a note asking you to call him?”

“Yes.”

“Have you called him yet?”

Alexis was taken aback by her question. “Uh, no, I haven’t.”

Charlie threw her arms up. “What! Call him! What are you waiting for?”

Alexis bit her lip as she slowly got out her phone, scrolling down to Nathan’s name.

***

After the show, Nathan was exhausted. Nathan hasn’t replied to his ex-girlfriend yet. He didn’t plan on talking to her. Not yet. Nathan hoped the girl from last night would call him so he could see her face again.

Her flowing, curly brown hair, dark blue eyes, that cute little pointy nose, and her radiating smile.

“Nath, you okay bud?” Max asked as he got a water out of the mini fridge, and settled on sitting on the couch.

“I’m fine,” Nathan replied, bluntly.

Max winced at his tone. “Sure?”

Tom plopped himself down in the seat next to Nathan in the booth.

“Nathan has found himself a girl! Remember at the club?”

Max smirked. “Oh! Yes, how could I forget?”

Nathan rolled his eyes. Then his phone suddenly lit up with a number he’s never seen before.

It’s her.

“Oh, is that her?” Tom teased. Max joined in with the taunting and made kissy faces.

“Grow up you guys,” Nathan said, answering his cell. “Hello?”

There was silence for a moment. “Um, is this Nathan?”

Nathan smiled to himself as he heard the familiar voice of the girl he met last night at the club.

“Y-yes, this is Nathan.”

“It’s me. The girl you met last night and also passed out while dancing, heh.”

There were giggles and Nathan noticed that Siva and Jay have joined in on the girlish behavior displayed by Max and Tom. Nathan sent them a ‘go away’ glare. They must have got the message because they all filed out towards their rooms.

Nathan let out a relieved sigh as he pressed the phone back to his ear.

“Yes, I remember you, love. What’s your name? I never got it that night.”

“Alexis, Alexis Roberts.”

“Well, it’s nice to meet you. Hey, would you like to go out for lunch or are you too busy?”

“Pft, no I’m not busy—not at all—pick me up in like twenty minutes, okay?”

“Got it, see you later.” Nathan hung up and saw four heads peeking out of the side of the walls.

“Does Nathan have a new girlfriend?” Max asked, smiling.

“No,” Nathan replied. “Not yet.”

The boys cheered patting him on the back.

***

Alexis checked out her appearance a million times before being satisfied with it.

“You’re only going out to lunch, Lex. No need to dress fancy,” Charlie said as she raided Alexis’s fridge.

Alexis rolled her eyes. “Char, I really want to impress him. I mean he’s in The Wanted for Pete sakes!”

“So what, he’s famous, big deal.”

Alexis was going to reply when the doorbell to her house went off. They stared at each other briefly before Charlie mouthed for her to answer the door. She then dashed upstairs to hide.

Alexis breathed in for a minute before answering. His lovely face was hidden behind a banquet of red roses. Alexis stared in awe at the sight of the beautiful flowers before Nathan handed them to her, with a huge grin on his face.

His hair was perfect as always. He wore a red and black striped varsity jacket with the number 5 on it. He wore dark blue jeans and white sneakers to pair it off. The look only made Alexis blush.

Nathan cleared his throat. “Ready to go, Alexis?”

Alexis nodded, grabbing her mini black purse.

Nathan took her to a fancy restaurant downtown. Alexis thought she wasn't dressed right for such a place, but Nathan insisted that she didn't have to worry about that.

“Have you been here before?”

“Once, with my mum,” Nathan replied, smiling.

“So, why did you give me your number?”

“I just thought you were pretty fun at the club and wanted to know more about you.”

Alexis smiled at his statement feeling special.

“Oh,” she breathed.

The rest of the day they went to a carnival. Nathan won her a teddy bear. Alexis won him a new hat. They enjoyed themselves until Nathan’s phone went off.

“Hello?”

“Mate, where are ya? We have to get sleep for the show tomorrow. Its 11 p.m. don’t tell me you’re still with that girl,” Max said.

“I am, look I’ll be there once I take her home.”

“Better be,” Max spat as he hung up.

Nathan gave Alexis an apologetic look. “Have to go, but can I take you home?”

Alexis nodded. “Sure. I had a great time with you, Nathan.”

Nathan smiled. “Me too, Lexis,”

Alexis blushed. She’s never been called by that nickname; only by her father though.

Nathan stopped in front of her house in no time. He was sad to go so soon because he really liked her, but he did have to do his career.

Alexis stared at him and he looked at her confused. She started to lean towards him and he became nervous. Do I kiss her or no?

Alexis whispered in his ear ‘goodnight’ and headed towards her house.

“Well, so much for getting my hopes up,” Nathan shrugged and drove away.