7. Kiss the girl

My book Agent 13 has been nominated for the fiction awards!

So go vote and thank you to everyone who already has and who nominated my book.

Thank you all so much!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Thirteen's POV

I quickly toss another table on its side and kick it as hard as I can towards the guys running in through the door.

It slides across the floor and crashes into their legs just as they raised their guns, knocking the first few in front to the floor and temporarily blocking the doorway.

I grab a couple of the guns that were dropped and toss one to Chase and one to Cody...I'm not too keen on giving Devin a gun at the moment...or ever.

Gunshots pierce the table and walls around us. Chase and Cody fire back hitting several of the guys in the doorway.

I hear a scream from the other side of the restaurant. I look over from behind the table only to see that waitress, what was her name Eleanor? She's hiding under one of the tables, tears streaming down her cheeks as gunshots are exchanged and several of them come a little too close to hitting her.

I let out a groan before jumping to my feet and running towards her. Zero's voice in the back of my head telling me that she's a civilian and we're not supposed to let any of them die.

Can she please be an exception?

As soon as I'm close enough to her I flip the table she's hiding under and duck down behind it with her.

Was that really so hard for her to do?

Unfortunately for me, I forget one very important fact. Garrett wants me, not them. So where I go, the bullets follow...and I have no weapons.

I grab one of the glasses off the floor next to me and shatter it against the table I'm backed against.

I grab the glass shards, not caring if they cut into my fingers a little, and begin throwing them like knives, each one sticking into its target.

I shatter another glass and grab the biggest piece, jumping out from behind the table as two guys approach rapidly. I jam the knife into the one guy's throat before he can even fire his gun. I grab the other guy's arm and slam his wrist into the edge of the table forcing him to release his hold on the gun.

He throws his other arm forward, his fist slamming into the side of my jaw. I clench my jaw as the metallic taste of blood fills my mouth. I bring my leg up and my knee goes up into his stomach, robbing him of air. I swing my leg out again and trip him so he's now on the floor lying on his back. I lift up my foot one more time before slamming it back down on his neck, crushing his windpipe.

I see it out of the corner of my eye as it flies through the air. I have barely enough time to raise my arm and block the glass from hitting me in the head.

It shatters when it makes contact with my arm and I feel the shards sticking into my arm, just great, it couldn't hit the one already in the sling.

"Thirteen!" I hear one of the boys call out in warning. I see Garrett pull his arm back and throw another glass at me.

Before I have a chance to react, I'm pulled back into a hard chest. I hear the glass shatter and a few shards fly over Cody's shoulders as he shields me with his body.

He pulls me quickly back behind the table. The waitress still cowering down wide-eyed and shaking.

Gunshots continue to echo out, mixed with the occasional scream from the waitress, or the occasional curse words from the boys and me.