35. You never told Zero the truth

Still got an update in today.

Sorry, but there definitely won't be one tomorrow...to busy.

Enjoy!

Thirteen's POV

Lily's honestly the most impatient person I've ever known and probably will ever know. She's also got way too much energy for it to be legal.

She claims it's because she's been a 'sleeping beauty' for the last four years and is finally free to let out all her energy. I supposed that's acceptable...if she weren't using all that pent-up energy on me.

I'm almost wishing Devin was awake cause never mind the chaos these two would cause together. They're probably the only ones that can actually stand to be with each other for longer than a couple hours.

I said almost wishing.

Some people are just better in small doses. And no matter how long we've been apart and how much I missed her...she's one of them.

"Lily stop that," I order and she looks directly at me before poking him again. "Poking him isn't going to wake him up any faster," I grumble.

I'm currently sitting by Jason's bed, Cody and Chase are standing nearby, and Lily's poking at Devin.

Even though he's clearly out of it and she's never met the guy, it's like she can just sense the other insane person in the group and just gravitates towards him.

"How would you know?" Lily counters, poking at his face again. "Maybe if you'd poked at me I would've woken up sooner."

"You weren't supposed to wake up at all according to the doctors," I mutter and she stops poking at Devin's face to look over at me.

"Really?" I nod in response to her. "I should try setting a record for the number of times a coma patient wakes up when they're not supposed to."

"No freaking way." I hiss through gritted teeth. "You are not doing that to me again."

"Doing what to you? I didn't do anything to you. I was sleeping." She smiles mischievously at me and restarts poking at Devin again.

"I will kill you myself if you do that again." I threaten and she smiles at me.

"If you do, I'd still have seven lives left."

I groan and rub at my face with my hands while both Cody and Chase stare at her in amusement.

It's not so amusing when you're the one who has to babysit her. Let's trade places.

I'm jolted out of thoughts when the machine hooked up to Devin begins to beep wildly. And I watch in horror as his heart rate flatlines.

"Cody get a doctor!" Chase shouts as he runs over and pushes Lily aside.

Lily runs over to the door and locks it before Cody can get a doctor.

"What the hell Lily?" Cody shouts and she just calmly strolls over to Devin's side.

"You all need to take a chill pill." She says simply as she shoves Chase out of the way. "There's no doctor needed." She mutters as she walks over and picks at the wiring hooking everything to Devin's chest.

"I knocked one of the wires loose." She explains as she puts the wire back in place and the machine stops beeping, going back to normal.

Everybody seems to let out a breath of relief and I try to steady my racing heart. I put my head in my hands and my elbows on my knees.