32. I did your job for you

Cody POV

She pops a piece of gum into her mouth after cutting off Elaine's head. She was very dedicated to doing exactly what she said...it wasn't pretty.

And it's making both me and Chase question her mental state.

She chews her gum as she kicks at Elaine's headless body, blowing a bubble and pulling it back into her mouth when it pops. She stands there in front of us and I take a moment to actually look at her.

Short curly hair sits in perfect ringlets on her head, none of it touching her shoulders. Its golden color seems to shine even in this dark club. Her bright blue eyes study us both and are filed with a hidden spark of humor. Her tanned skin contrasts with the white skin tight dress she's wearing as well as her white heeled ankle boots.

Her facial features are soft and angelic almost. She has the overall appearance of an angel...if not for the blood coating her shoes and splattered across her dress and skin.

"Who are you?" I finally ask.

She blows a bubble with her gum again and pops it. "Anna Marshal. Agent 19."

I just nod in response. She continues blowing bubbles and popping them. Her head's tilted to the side as she studies us intently.

She points at us. "Agent 80 and Agent 9, right?" I nod. She looks at us expectantly. "Well am I going to get your names?"

"Chase."

"Cody."

She nods thoughtfully and turns towards the doors to the club when the sounds of sirens begin to get louder.

"That'll be Zero." She announces as she begins to walk towards the exit. Stepping over the bodies as she goes.

"How did you know to come here?" Chase asks, and she stops, turning to face us.

"Tip called in by an FBI Agent." She says simply. Ryder. "Told Zero that he should probably get over here."

She shrugs as she blows another bubble. "Personally, Zero was taking way too long to assemble a team. So I figured I'd do the job for him." She shrugs again. "He doesn't know I overheard him."

She turns her back on us and waves her hand at us to follow. She walks confidently out the door...which is quite a sight given her blood splattered appearance.

Zero's standing right outside as she steps out. His face goes from confusion to anger, to annoyance in less than a millisecond.

Anna waves over-enthusiastically at him. "Hey, Chief! What's up?" She calls out. She points at the bar behind her. "I did your job for you!"

Unlike so many of the other agents standing around, Zero doesn't even bat an eyelash at her appearance. Seems like he's used to it by now.

"Miss Marshal." He replies, his tone clipped and annoyed. "Why is it I'm always finding you in places you shouldn't be?"

"Magic." She says dramatically. She holds out the blood coated dagger to Zero. "Here's your evidence back."

She looks at him expectantly, waiting for him to take it. He simply gives her a flat look, his eyes voicing how much he's done dealing with this girl. He rubs his hand over his face in exasperation and takes the dagger from her.

"Why can't you ever listen to simple order?"

"I listened to the, 'Don't do anything stupid'." He gives her an unimpressed look. "Oh come on," She waves her hand at the club behind her. "This hardly qualifies."